Notices

OOC for Her Dark Majesty

Time to determine what can make do with an attribute at 6....

... Charisma for Fighter? He'd certainly be an irritating fellow, to be sure. Or there's always making a Bard with a hilariously low Wisdom that gets him into all sorts of zany situations.

A zanny bard would be amusing. Ether way, just make sure not to piss off my ninja, she will poison you if it means making your character shut up.

No, no... the low-int Bard has been done before.

Do a Low Cha Savage Barbarian, or a very unwise Rogue, or a sickly Sorc.

Now that you mention it, Rogue definitely seems enticing, and I've never had a good chance to play one before. Thanks for the idea!

Speaking of Rogue, I'll have to ask before starting to build this character; how important will skills be in this setting?

Acrobatics, Jump, Climb and the various movement based skills are always useful. Craft skills reduce the cost for buying equipment, combines with casters with craft magic item feats drastically reduce the cost of equipment. Knowledge skills allow you to identify monsters and and their special abilities and weaknesses. Preform and profession nets you spare change while in town or at an inn. Survival helps with gathering spare rations while in the wilds and gathering things like poisons from wild animals and plants(very useful for me) as well as determining which direction is north. Bluff for feights and interaction skills so we don't have to fight the entire time.

So, everything is useful.

Honestly, it depends on what sort of Rogue you want to be. If you want to be a skill monkey, I'm sure there will be plenty of uses. If you want to be a theif, you will need some certain skills. Besides, a great second-story man is the best flanker out there! Why dance around the enemy when you can climb/jump/tumble over them?

Don't forget, a class which helps to keep allies standing and fighting is becoming more attractive by the hour too. I'm not seeing any 'healing' types apping so far. The 'Faith over Intelligence' or 'Weak in arm, strong in Faith' cleric might be both fun and feature a better chance of being chosen.

All a matter of which attributes go where, honestly.

Although I know that Wisdom will be the dump stat, and Dex will be one of my 17s, I'm currently wondering what will be for my 16, or 13 for that matter (tempted to use the +2 granted to Humans to pump that to a 15.) It's all a matter of what I want to be; will he be a two-weapon Rogue or a silver-tongued mongrel? It'd be a difference between Dex-Con-Int or Dex-Cha-Int.

Skill allocation won't be an issue since even if I had an int of 10, that's still 9 (8 inherent with 1 for Human) skill points per level, more than enough to pad out all the essentials. As you and Reemos recommended, acrobatics (which is jump and tumble together) will be vital, as will stealth-disable device-perception... Which leaves me with 5 skill points left to play with (7 if I give him a 15) that, again, comes down with how this guy's gonna play out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsgault View Post
Don't forget, a class which helps to keep allies standing and fighting is becoming more attractive by the hour too. I'm not seeing any 'healing' types apping so far. The 'Faith over Intelligence' or 'Weak in arm, strong in Faith' cleric might be both fun and feature a better chance of being chosen.
I... Haven't actually thought about that, but it definitely does make sense. The man gripe I have with Clerics is I've never actually played one, and they have a bad habit of becoming "heal/buff bots." That being said, it could definitely work to expand my RP horizons while mixing up the usual play style I'm accustomed to.

Perhaps the character got gravely sick as a child, but got better to the surprise of friends and family? It'd simultaneously explain a Str/Con penalty while providing a proper reason for him to grow up as a servant of some God/Goddess.

Speaking of God/Goddess connections. . . just who are the gods in this realm? Easy enough to use some pre-existing set. While throwing Thunir together in Herolabs I thought that The Twins matched rather nicely for people in Tyfris. That's just my opinion however as a complete nub to the world.

I have a rowdy, drunken dwarf cleric in mind but waiting on deities before I submit.

If the pantheon is different is there a god of booze & freedom like Cayden Cailean?

Also, I see racial weapon proficiency for the different Elves but not Dwarves. Is that an oversight or on purpose?