Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

DnD4e: Looking For a D&D 4e Magic Item...

Looking For a D&D 4e Magic Item...

There was a magic item in one of the two magazines a couple years back that I loved and wanted to use in my table top game. Now I can't find it and I was hoping someone might remember what it was (and/or which issue it was in). I want to say it had "Iron" in the title, basically it was a pokeball. You could use it on a creature, essentially trapping it inside, and then release it and have it fight for you.

I have searched through the compendium, and I'm not finding it in any of the searches I've done. I've looked through every wondrous item that the compendium has pulled up. I'm hoping it wasn't an April fools item or something.

Frustrating.

Any ideas?

No idea if they converted it to 4e, but it used to be called an "iron flask." You could trap extra dimensional creature (I think an efreet is in there by default). They had to fail a will save or be sucked into the bottle. When you opened the bottle, it would serve you for an hour.

Okay, maybe
Iron Bands of BilarroLevel 13+ UncommonThis rusty iron sphere has a series of shallow grooves that trace concentric circles across its surface.

Lvl 13 17,000 gp Lvl 23 425,000 gp
Lvl 18 85,000 gp Lvl 28 2,125,000 gp

Wondrous Item

Attack Power Daily (Standard Action)Attack: Ranged 10 (one creature of size Medium or smaller); the bands’ level + 3 vs. Reflex

Hit: The target cannot use its arms until it succeeds on an Acrobatics or Athletics check (moderate DC of the bands’ level) as a move action. Until the effect ends, the target is prevented from doing anything that requires its arms, such as climbing or making a melee attack. When the effect ends, the bands return to you.

Miss: The bands return to you.

Published in Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium, page(s) 86.
this?

No, it wasn't the iron bands, it was similar to the Iron Flask that you described, but it didn't have a default creature trapped inside, and it could be used on any creature from what I remember. I wonder if they had to pull the item for some reason...