Adventures in Golarion

Old Nov 2 '12, 1:05pm
Great Wyrm

Adventures in Golarion

Adventures in Golarion - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion
Ad Closes: Dec 2 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 5

Narissa lets a uncharacteristic squawk escape from the surprise attack, as the ugly man's hand crossbow goes <THWACK> ! The little shaft of the bolt sinks deep causing her to grunt in pain and bite off the cry that threatened to ring out. The wound is not terrible, yet another one like that could be dangerous.

After drawing in a breath, the female warrior's demeanor is collected once again and she smiles wickedly at the bandit leader. Licking her lips, she coos, "Ooooh, that felt goooood."

"I have been waiting to meet you. I bet you like it rough."

With the obstructions in the room, she cannot manage to easily fly over the pit. Instead, Narissa moves down the walkway and slashes at the man with her ranseur. The bladed point cuts into his arm, flecks of red blood splatter the wall, flying from the polearm's continued follow through.

"Lovely shade of red, lover. Let's dance."

Do you want to play Pathfinder? Having trouble getting into a game to strut your stuff?
Welcome to Adventures in Golarion.

I am going to start a campaign here at Myth-Weavers, my first one at the site, but far from my first foray into GMing PbP games. I have been running many PbP games for almost 3 years now on multiple sites for D&D 3.5ed, Pathfinder, and more.

Expectations
  • Adventures based upon published module material
  • It will feature tactical combats and still be as heavy role-playing as the players can make it.
  • Posting frequency should be about once a day normally, minimum 3 times per week
  • Players should have a reasonable knowledge of PF rules, or at least be able to look things up in the SRD before asking questions

See full list of Expectations Here: Expectations

At the end of the application process, I will select five players to start a series of mini-adventures using
The Curse of the Crimson Throne takes hold of the city! In the shadow of an ailing king, a new ruler gathers power, sending shockwaves through a populace already plagued by unrest and pushing this seaport city to the brink of disaster.

In the face of anarchy, a new band of heroes gathers at the call of a mysterious patron. Strange magic and mysterious prophesies set them on the trail of a common foe; a path that draws them into a struggle to save the city from ruin. Amid the intrigues of kings and generals, heroes and thieves, it’s up to these new heroes to decide whether the rule of a new monarch will usher in a new age of glory or a reign of chaos.
The Curse of the Crimson Throne AP, changing things slightly to match the fictitious city of Parthacia. This is a city in the world of Pathfinder, not specifically located on the map of the Inner Sea so it can be within 2-3 days of anywhere in Golarion if necessary to springboard into other published adventures or APs.

I plan to start things off in away that is more enjoyable for applicants than simply creating a character application and just sitting around to wait for the deadline to come. I am looking for players that want to be creative and work together, their characters interacting with each other as much as their environment. If you want to just roll dice, probably not the game for you.

Anyone interested in becoming a co-DM should contact me via Private Message.

LinksSelection and character generation will be completed in two phases, see the Character Creation Rules and Applications thread.

See the General House Rules thread for additional information on specifics for characters and gameplay.

After reading those threads and there is information that is missing, this Application Questions thread is where to ask them. As I answer questions, the pertinent ones will be added to the first post to find them quickly.

Game Description:

Adventures in Golarion

Adventures in GolarionNew adventurers flock to the bustling seaside city of Parthacia, looking for other like minded souls.
Parthacia

They hope to join with others to travel around the Inner Sea nations, meet interesting monsters and slay them. Here is your chance to step up and make a name for yourself in the world of Golarion—or, at least, to die a noble death in the quest for fortune and glory. If you seek to seal your place among the heroes of this dangerous land, to rise above the masses and achieve immortality in name and deed, then welcome, friend, to your destiny!

Parthacia is city in the Inner Sea, not specifically located on the map, so it can be within 2-3 days of anywhere in Golarion if necessary.
The initial campaign is going to model Parthacia after Korvosa to facilitate running the Curse of the Crimson Throne Adventure Path. Follow on groups will use Parthacia to spring board into other adventures or APs.

I'll be making an app soon. I think I will revive a witchy little girl I've never really gotten to play. She should be interesting to give another go.

Posting heavy interest but....I've never played a Pathfinder game?

Nor one in "Golarion" - Hard to pick up?

Golarion is the 'default' setting for PF it would seem. So one goes hand in hand with the other. The pathfinder SRD you will find quite helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneLord View Post
Posting heavy interest but....I've never played a Pathfinder game?

Nor one in "Golarion" - Hard to pick up?
If you have played D&D3.5ed it is pretty easy. There is a free PDF that addresses the differences in mechanics in general. After that it is a matter of character generation differences really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneLord View Post
Summoner okay? Thanks for that link by the way!
Yes, Summoner is okay. There is a list of certain class adjustments when you read everything.

I like your style, so I'm definitely interested. I'm going to take a day or two to consider my options and see what kind of character I want to play.