Reactions On Facebook On Poltics - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

Reactions On Facebook On Poltics

Krimson, what exactly is a northern(...er?), to you? I mean, I'm from Upstate NY, so it's no secret that I'm... one...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderhorn View Post
Krimson, what exactly is a northern(...er?), to you? I mean, I'm from Upstate NY, so it's no secret that I'm... one...?
Krimson's profile indicates they're in Calgary, so you are such a southerner. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
That's right, I'm not just from the North, I'm from the Great White North.
I know someone who named their bong the Great White North...

That said, I'm pretty disappointed in some of my liberal friends for the openly hateful things they've posted about the GOP. Ok, yes, Obama won, and the election cycle as a whole seems to have trended Democrat, but that doesn't mean we get to be jerks about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkWren View Post
That said, I'm pretty disappointed in some of my liberal friends for the openly hateful things they've posted about the GOP. Ok, yes, Obama won, and the election cycle as a whole seems to have trended Democrat, but that doesn't mean we get to be jerks about it.
Unless it's funny, I'll chastise people on both ends for crap like that. The "We won, you lost" mentality is not conducive towards compromise or finding the best solutions to problems, but it is conducive towards certain other terrible scenarios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
but it is conducive towards certain other terrible scenarios.
Like four more years of stonewalling and indecision? That's my greatest fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaelis View Post
Well if there's going to be more stone walling, I bet it's only going to be for two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaelis View Post
I much prefer a government in gridlock. They spend less money when they're in gridlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
I much prefer a government in gridlock. They spend less money when they're in gridlock.
Fair enough, but, I'd prefer if things actually got done. I don't mind them spending money if they're actually accomplishing things.