Notices

I want to be King!

"Ribitt! bibidi ribbbit! croak!"

Translated from Boggard: "Splendid! oh dear me where are my manners!?, I'm so sorry, let me properly introduce myself, my name is Garuum, master and ruler of this humble domain" he greets with a slight bow "my fine companion there is named Ubagub, we are at your services good sirs" the other froglike creatures croaks in response. Garrum leads those willing inside the decrepit structure, inside it's flooded, but a small islet offers dry land to rest, refuse and some equipment neatly adorns the makeshift home.

The creature lights a fire and sets an iron pot to heat up water, some unnamed and probably best unknown herbs are set into it.

Magnolia

Magnolia takes a seat. He says, "What brings zebra to this area, all alone?"

Dice Roll: 1d20+6z
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 12)
Perception (Scent, Alertness) (12)

Translated from Boggard: "...Zebra sir? no no, it's Garuum, the accentuation is on the letter U, G.A.R.U.U.M." he tries to correct Mags as he serves the tea "Your lovely green lady companion and your savage little friend are very quiet, haha I remember somewhat fondly how the little one tried to murder us the other day, ah... such are the perils of living alone and being an outcast Boggard. Tell me what brings me the pleasure of your company?"

Magnolia

Magnolia repeats carefully, finally getting most of the language down, "GARUUM. Got it. Yes, my friend is quite the little warrior. Finest I've met. He killed the previous lord of this area. That's actually why we're here. We're raping, pillaging, and conquering the entire land. We're skipping the raping bit, for the most part, as Orianna would thump us on the head if we tried. Anyway, we're here subjugating everyone to serve under Lord Skapti the Magnificent and Dog. We're here to peacably subjugate you into joining our realm. We have lots of positions available. Why are you an outcast? You don't need to be under LStMaD, you know."

d20 Results: 18 (Total = 24)
Perception (Scent, Alertness) (24)
Take 20 on Diplomacy (+10) for 30
Take 20 on Sense Motive (+6) for 26

Translated from Boggard: "I am indeed glad you are not raping anymore, I've never been fond of the idea of being raped to be honest" he responds with a weak smile "Yes I've been subjugated before, quite grimly I might add" he adds emphasis as he lifts his mangled hand "I tried what you are trying once, that is, to conquer, but I failed miserably, eating all those sacred dragonflies my tribe kept didn't add an ounce of strength as the legends told - talk about false advertisement!" with a hint of regret he continues "yes, my former tribesmen weren't happy I tried to abruptly govern them by trying to kill the chieftain, but such is the way of fate..."

Magnolia

"Note to self- obviously not Royal Assassin material. And dumb as a dragonfly."

Nodding, Magnolia replies with that hopeful smile of his, "Well, fate has done you well, then! You can get in on the ground floor of our kingdom. We need all kinds." "Preferably ones who can succeed at things beyond making dog food. OH! That's an idea!" Suddenly, Mags smiles more. "And I know exactly what you'd be fantastic at- Lord of the Stables! We need a Lord of the Stables, desperately. And stables too, for that matter. And animals for the stables. Your job will be all of that. Sound like fun? Has to be better than being tricked into eating dragonflies again, am I right?"

d20 Results: 16 (Total = 22)
Perception (Scent, Alertness) (22)

Translated from Boggard: "Yes, I like the lord part, It's been a life long dream of mine to be lord" he responds while rising from his seat in wonderment "I am lord of this ruin currently, can I be both?" he asks "Lord of the stables, that does sound marvelous"

Magnolia

"Sure, you can be Lord of This Place, as well," he says, looking around. No loss of tax revenue here. "Head over to Fort Skapti. Don't mind the kobolds. Look for the human guy running the place. He's a bit dour, and probably a bit stressed out at the moment. Tell him you've been sent by Emperor Skapti to be Lord of Stables. He'll help you get started with whatever it is you do."

Pausing a few moments, he adds, "See if you can find someone to teach you common as well. Or at least learn the phrase, 'Don't shoot me.' I've gotten a long way in life using that phrase."

Magnolia explains to the others what he just did. He also pulls out a checklist of Things to Do and marks off another entry.

d20 Results: 17 (Total = 23)
Perception (Scent, Alertness) (23)

Matters settled with the strange and exotic creature, it was apparent that you gained an ally, at least for the time being. Heading back to Olegs, it appears that you've got a person waiting for your.

An official from Brevoy brings you just reward for services rendered and an new charter!

Play will continue on Chapter 2