Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Dresden compatibility of the Fate Character Sheet

Dresden compatibility of the Fate Character Sheet

How much difficulty would it present to tweak the Fate Character Sheet to be more friendly to the Dresden Files Roleplaying Game?

The biggest change, I think, would be adding a third stress track, maybe expanding the stunts & powers section a bit to accomodate the more power-intensive supernatural templates.

I have no clue, considering I don't play either game system. If you know them both well enough to describe what the differences are, and what changes could be made to make the sheet compatible with both, and could describe those like we're five years old, please do so, and we'll add it to the list.

I have a 4 day weekend coming up. If you can do as Rigo asked, then I'll get it done this weekend.

There a several versions of FATE (DFrpg being one of them), and I'm not particularly familiar with all of them (I'm not even sure which one this sheet was designed for) but I don't think any of my proposed changes would have an appreciable negative impact on any of them (beyond having to manually enter some information that is currently static and having to potentially tolerate irrelevant labels or wasted space for the versions that don't make use of those functions). Would you prefer if I started a thread in Gaming Discussion to ask other users to weigh in on these changes?

The (comparatively) large change I mentioned would be to the section of the current sheet labelled "Health & Composure".
Ideally, I think, the changes would include relabelling this section to the more generic "Stress & Consequences", changing the labelling of the lines of checkboxes to be write-in entries, and adding a third line of checkboxes with its own write-in entry.
Additionally, would it be possible to expand each checkbox line to twelve boxes?
This would result in something roughly resembling:
______ OOOOOOOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOOOOOOO

The next 3 lines in that section would require no changes.

To the "Stunts" section, I would request relabelling it as "Stunts and Powers" and expanding it by some number of lines (one line should be easy enough, I think, as, on my screen at least, there is some empty space sitting unused at the bottom of that section, but more would be better). The exact number of lines added, and even this change as a whole, isn't as important, but it would be more convenient sometimes to have more space in that section.

I've already had the necessary conversations which is why, if anyone actually reads the list, Dresden shows as being a work in progress.

It's currently stalled because of changes to the whole sheet system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedronai View Post
Additionally, would it be possible to expand each checkbox line to twelve boxes?
This would result in something roughly resembling:
______ OOOOOOOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOOOOOOO
______ OOOOOOOOOOOO
Why 12, I only have 8, I do remember you need a way to group them which is why I allowed the use of parentheses between the fields. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=407655

If you're referring to the 'bug and feature requests' list, I checked that, and didn't notice anything that would cover this. Is there another list I should have checked that I'm not aware of?

I suggestested 12 stress boxes because, without the use of houserules, I believe that to be the maximum available size of a stress track (being the physical stress track for a character of Good or higher Endurance and possessing both Mythic Toughness and Hulking Size).