Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

More books - Historical/Alternate History Fiction.

Labyrinth by Kate Mosse. Probably wouldn't have bought it myself but my wife did and I'm grateful she did.Rather than me trying to be careful what I say, let's just leave more details to Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Labyrinth-Ka.../dp/0752874756

Ooo, speaking of Grail quests, I DID rather like Cornwell's Archer's Tale trilogy. Anyone know of any good WW1 Novels? (Other than, of course, All Quiet on the Western Front)

Definitely has my interest. For $5.50, ordered it on Amazon. I look forward to reading it after I wrap up with my current list. ("Berdan's United States Sharpshooters in the Army of the Potomac" and "The Crusades: The Authoritative History of the War for the Holy Land")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohlo View Post
Have you read the Man in the High Castle? It's a WWII alt history.
Just picked it up, wanted to say thanks. I finished my old list of books and started working my way through this one.

Morgan Llywelyn does several excellent books on celtic history and myth, including the fall of Ghaul and 'end' of druidism, which is one of my favorite books ever.

Stephen Lawhead is a small god among historical fiction, from what I hear. He does the crusades, an arthur series I believe, and a very awesome Robin Hood retelling. He does so much research and explains the derivative of his tales so engagingly that I actually read his forwards.

Jack Whyte does an interesting series Authurian series that begins with the man who discovers the metal the sword is forged from. I overdosed on Authurian books so I never actually got to the part of the series where Authur is born, so I don't know where it goes from there, but the first two books were great!

I'll end with the God Of All Historical Fiction Links: http://www.historicalnovels.info/

Sigh. I miss reading.