Fellowship and Friends

Old Nov 2 '12, 12:32pm
Dreadnought Relic

Fellowship and Friends

The One Ring Adventures - Forum
The One Ring
Ad Closes: Nov 18 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 3

Looking to start a One Ring Game using the rulebooks provided by Cubicle Game 7 Entertainment. I'm looking for three additional players to the three that we have now. Please write a sample of your writing with the post of intent. This game in its infancy will adopt the mood and tone of Middle Earth right after Smaug the golden Dragon has been defeated and the five armies have been disbanded but before the War of the Ring happens. This game will have stories within stories each leading to choice making, accountability and in game responsibility regarding your fellowship and to the fellowship of your valour and wisdom. If you succeed your name shall be written down in the tomes of history. If you need a writing sample of mine please check this wiki game out with most of it except the characters writing done by me. Here

Game Description:

It is the year 2946 of the Third Age, and the lands east of the Misty Mountains are astir. From the cloud-shrouded peaks above the High Pass to the spider-infested gloom of the forest of Mirkwood, paths long-deserted are trodden once again.Busy merchants carry their wares to new markets, messengers bring tidings from foreign realms, and kings send forth armed men to extend their influence and the rule of law. Some say that a new age of freedom has begun, a time for adventure and great deeds to reclaim glories lost in long centuries of oppression and decline.But adventures are not really things that people go out and look for. They are dangerous and rarely end well. While it is true that a handful of valiant individuals set out to make their mark on the world, for others it seems that adventure chooses them as though it is the path they are fated to tread. They are restless warriors, curious scholars and wanderers,always eager to seek what was lost or explore what was forgotten. Ordinary people call them adventurers, and when they return successful, they call them heroes. But if they fail, no one will even remember their names.

Last edited by Dramacydle; Nov 2 '12 at 5:45pm..
So, I assume you'd like me to make an elven character? I have no problem with that, just curious.

Invitation sent as reader per your reasons. There is still an open slot in this game. Looking for a player to create an Elf for this game. Game has just started so if there is a knowledgeable player that is new to this game has the rules or a veteran to gaming and has the rules please apply....this wouldn't be a Middle Earth type game without an Elf.

Then I see no need to contest the matter. If Drama finds it good enough I'll drop my application for this game and just read along.

Any and all Elf apps would be welcome! Maybe they could add some 'Awe' to my character by association alone!

Limhin (S. clear eye), an elf-maiden scholar who is wild at heart
Definition by the rules: "The beauty of Greenwood the Great seems lost forever in the shadows of Mirkwood, but you still find solace running alongside its wild beasts, as your kinsmen did for centuries. The wood sings to you as tree branches sway and leaves rustle; enchanting music you strive to decipher. Some find your ways to be simple and rustic, but they fail to see the wisdom of choosing to live your life fully in these waning years. "
Limhine was sitting in a secluded glade, her bare feet dangling in the clear fresh water of a singing brook.
She was dreamily listening to the trees, to the rustling of their leaves, and to the murmuring of the water. There had been a change, a new note in their eternal songs. Had it started when those dwarves with their irksome hobbit had blundered through Mirkwood? Or had it commenced when Smaug, the horrible worm, had been shot? Was it started by the victory in the Battle of the Five Armies?
She didn't know. But she knew that the water and the leaves and the trees were whispering of a new spring, a time of hope.
Their sounds, the unspoken promises, quickened her heartbeat. When she opened her eyes again, she knew that the time to follow their call had come.

comment:
Limhin is a Speaker, a scholar more than a warrior. She is closely connected to the nature surrounding her. A good listener, she is less arrogant than most other elves and has learned to be courteous around other people. She carries a spear, and relies on her Wits to defend herself. I didn't make her a bowwoman because two other players already have missile users and only 2 in 6 can fight in a rearward stance.

Name: Limhin

Culture: Elf of Mirkwood Standard of Living: Martial
Cultural blessing: Folk of the Dusk
Calling: Scholar Shadow weakness: Lure of Secrets
Specialties: Elven-lore, Mirkwood-lore, Rhymes of Lore
Distinctive features: Clever, Quick of Hearing
Body: 4 Heart: 3 Wits: 7
Body (favoured): 6 Heart (favoured): 6 Wits (favoured): 8

-Common Skills-
  • Awe: 2 Inspire: 0 Persuade: 0
  • Athletics: 3 Travel: 2 Stealth: 2
  • Awareness: 2 Insight: 2 Search: 0
  • Explore: 0 Healing: 1 Hunting: 1
  • Song: 2 Courtesy: 2 Riddle: 1
  • Craft: 0 Battle: 2 Lore: 3
-Weapon Skills-
  • (Spears): 2
  • Dagger: 1
  • Sword: 1
-Rewards-:
-Virtues-: The Speakers
-Gear-
  • Spear damage: 5 edge: 9 injury: 14 enc: 2
  • Dagger damage: 3 edge: G injury: 12 enc: 0
  • Mail shirt enc: 12
  • Shield enc: 3
Endurance: 25 Starting Endurance: 25 Fatigue from Encumbrance: 17 Fatigue from Travel: 0 Total Fatigue: 17
Hope: 11 Starting Hope: 11 Temporary Shadow: 0 Permanent Shadow: 0 Total Shadow: 0
Armour: 3 Headgear: 0
Parry: 7 Shield: 2
Damage: 0 Ranged: 0
Wisdom: 2 Valour: 1
Experience: 0 Total Experience: 0
Fellowship: 0 Advancement: 0 Treasure: 0 Standing: 0

I repsect the fact that Bjorn has made a character and until Karrth decides not to play, he had first dibbs on the spot. I can send you a reader spot as a back up if your willing to see what Karrth will do.

Well, I certainly didn't want to hold up your game. Karrth, the loremaster wants you to create a character. I think a yes or a no from you would help everyone.