Estimated Members Requested: 6

Who will turn back the Shadows?
Who will defend in the night?
If fangs and claws come at the Malan'whibi tribe,
Who among you wield the sun's light?

We will not stand unaided,
In this shadow of moonlight's path.
The stars may fall, and burn to the ground,
but the demons who strike us shall know our wrath.

For we are of the clans of old
We have walked through the fires of hell.
When the strands of fate weave in our dreams,
Our totems shall rise and protect where we dwell.

Though part of our clan was scattered
Lost through the ages of time
Fast approaching the days of rejoining
Whether they are pure or soiled with grime

Though rifts in our clan may have split us in tway
Strands of fate, which part, always return
Golden sunlight of day, keep starlit shadows at bay
Legends of moonlight will be relearned

The Legends of Moonlight WILL be relearned.

Halurn the savage bard bared his teeth in a wild grin, having finished his recital, turning to the celestial creature in front of him. He wasn't quite sure what it was, possibly a ... platynum ... no, not that word... Platypus? In any case, it nodded once, having completed part of what it was sent here to do, then quickly faded out to embark on the next part of its mission.

Finding the lost tribespeople.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ _______

The main concept is that the players play characters in a modern day setting. They have dreams about a recurring fantasy dream setting, based on D&D3.5 rules, which is where the main game will take place. The dream personas of the characters will be descendants of the (lost) tribespeople, who are being sought out, so that they can return to help with the various challenges, that the Malan'whibi tribespeople are facing. Natural disasters, Shadows, lesser demons, night mares, and so forth. The tribespeople are mainly human, though they have also accepted members of other races into their tribe as actual or honorary members, over the ages. Generally those who have helped them a great deal in the past, and have then passed through the initiation rites.

Game Description:

Who will turn back the Shadows?
Who will defend in the night?
If fangs and claws come at the Malan'whibi tribe,
Who among you wield the sun's light?

We will not stand unaided,
In this shadow of moonlight's path.
The stars may fall, and burn to the ground,
but the demons who strike us shall know our wrath.

For we are of the clans of old
We have walked through the fires of hell.
When the strands of fate weave in our dreams,
Our totems shall rise and protect where we dwell.

Though part of our clan was scattered
Lost through the ages of time
Fast approaching the days of rejoining
Whether they are pure or soiled with grime

Though rifts in our clan may have split us in tway
Strands of fate, which part, always return
Golden sunlight of day, keep starlit shadows at bay
Legends of moonlight will be relearned

The Legends of Moonlight WILL be relearned.

Halurn the savage bard bared his teeth in a wild grin, having finished his recital, turning to the celestial creature in front of him. He wasn't quite sure what it was, possibly a ... platynum ... no, not that word... Platypus? In any case, it nodded once, having completed part of what it was sent here to do, then quickly faded out to embark on the next part of its mission.

Finding the lost tribespeople.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ _______

Main concept is that the players play characters set in various dreams, at least one of the settings is a recurring dream fantasy based setting, which is probably where the main game will take place.

The main fantasy game setting will be using D&D3.5 rules, other dreams may use the window system.

Characters will start at level 2, with 900 gold to spend. Starting experience of 1000.
There is one player who is new to the system and is automatically accepted.
Allowed sources include the SRD. If you want something from other sources, ask.
Stats will be 7m4d6v1, drop one of those sets. Roll once. If you dislike the rolls, you may instead choose a 32 point buy.
Standard PHB pantheon.

I am considering allowing players to play as dream guide, animal totem spirit companions, if you are interested in this, please ask.

Last edited by LDDragon; Nov 14 '12 at 7:55am..
I'm SLIGHTLY confused- but it could just be that I didn't get much sleep.

Should we design two characters? One for Window one for DnD? How do we define magical abilities within The Window system?

Just need to design one character for D&D to start with.

It is a slightly confusing way of doing things, but basically it's

Players
-> Characters in modern setting. (using the Window if rolls are needed)
-> -> The dream personas of the characters, in a D&D3.5 setting, which is where the main part of the game will take place.

-> -> other dream settings, possibly (using the Window if rolls are needed)

So technically, yes, you'll be starting with a character in the modern day setting as well, but I won't require you to stat them out or describe them at all, at first, though you can if you want to.

Cool. In your application, I'll be looking for race, class, gender and age. A short description if you feel like it. History is optional (can form in a second in dreams). Also a character sheet. I'll be expecting to start the game around 1 December.

Quote:
How do we define magical abilities within The Window system?
Forgot to address it before - magical abililties in the Window system will be done as appropriate to whatever dream setting they'll be used in at the time. If the dream setting had a powerful sorceress, and she want to cast a fireball, I'll probably rule it as likely for her to have and roll a d8 with a target of rolling 6 or less. If the player specifies beforehand that the sorceress has powerful fire magic, then it will influence my decision.

When doing the Window, if I haven't asked for stats ahead of time, I'll be making judgements on the spot as to whatever seems most appropriate, based on how the character has been portrayed up until that point. If it's for a player character they'll probably either be consulted first so we can get some agreement, or I'll leave it up to them to say if they have a different idea about what the level of skill should be.

Changed idea about animal dream guides to better reflect the theme, new info is in the appropriate spoiler tag.

This looks really cool. I'll roll right away, get a concept going, and finish the app over the next day or so.

I'd be interested in playing an animal dream guide. Is this still something you'd like to see more of?

@PandaMaster: Cool, look forward to seeing your app.

@Adaiah: Yep, that's cool .

What celestial animal would you be likely to play as?

I'm interested and can make a 3.5 character app. will need help if another app is needed for modern setting. also wondering if psion classes are ok as well?