Attention Guardsmen

Old Nov 9 '12, 9:40am
Dreadnought Relic

Attention Guardsmen

Only War - Forum
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
Ad Closes: Nov 23 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 6

I would like to start an Only War game. While I have the Beta rules, I was hoping that we could get a game started that can be an ongoing saga of your regiment. Combined creation of your regiment and custom making of your character as well as choosing a guardsmen specialty or not. I will start this game using the Eleventh Hour Module released as a introductory supplement to Only War Beta. Looking for interest first, then fleshing out a minor background that will give motivations, personalities of character and a custom character sheet that will contain characteristics, skills, talents and traits. Weapons, armor and gear will also be on your character sheet. If interested in playing this game, please post intent to play. New players or Veteran's alike, I welcome you to this game. I have this game mostly fleshed out in my mind for encounters and possible places to explore. There will be use of an in game mechanic called the Clock is Ticking. This will represent an element of your regiment faced against time and the consequences after completion or non-completion of running against the clock.

Game Description:

It has been several weeks since your company landed on Aeyras as part of Operation Hammerstrike. Members of the 612 Recon, you have been at the forefront of the fighting for all that time, pushing deeper and deeper into Ork held territory. After several hard battles supporting the forces of the 17th, your company has finally reached the Teeming, a vast jungle crater where the Orks have made their primary strong point. After a particularly bloody night, your squad has become separated from the rest of your company. You are now holed up in the ruins of an Ork fort, with only your platoon sergeant Dryak and a handful of wounded men. The task of re-joining your platoon greets you with the dawn.

During last nights fire-fight, your platoon of ten strong infiltrated a group of Gretchin Orks that used guerrilla warfare tactics to systematically cut down your regiment numbers to a few comrades and the few of you. The nights on Aeyras is a nightmare compared to the nights where the 612 Recon Regiment was formed. Your commander was phlegmatic. Quiet and reserved, Commander Davvy Carter leads your regiment with a panache of leadership by example. Trusting him has given some victories upon other War Zones and will rendezvous with you back at the LZ.

Some of you are customizing weaponry, fitting stock to barrel and adjusting your scopes. Refitting your standard issue gear, others seem bandaged and entrenched within the terrain. A few of the regiment look out into the breaking dawn and observe any enemy movement. your regiment is lightly entrenched among thick forestry such as trees and bushes. The Scrap Fort is made up of any material that the Orks could find. You have in your possession an operational Sentinel which is used for taking out heavy pockets of resistance and scouting the terrain ahead.

Suddenly the vox comes to life in a babble of voices and panicked commanders. After a few moments of listening, you piece together what must have happened while you were cut off in the fort. It seems a massive Ork counter-attack has been launched against the Imperial advance and is threatening to encircle everyone between the Teeming and the Fallow River. To prevent the advance elements of the 233rd and bulk of the 14th from being cut off, a general retreat has been ordered and all units beyond the Fallow are to fall back. To prevent a break through to the landing zones, the Imperial Navy will “glass” the entire region around the Teeming, bombarding it from orbit in an effort to blunt the Ork attack. The bombardment will begin in 11 hours…

On the off you're still looking for a player, I'd be all for getting in on this; I just adore the Guard, as about seven bazillion dollars of half-built and half-painted half-converted Cadians would attest to such! I can't say I've looked over the rules of Only War so much but having played enough Rogue Trader and Dark Heresy I think I have some idea of what to do.

Drama, if you don't mind I would love to be a reader for this.

Have to say I'm curious if you're still recruiting as well. I'd like to get a proper taste of Only War to see how it flows mechanically and lore wise. Plus, exhilarating to have a char whose life is potentially only measured in hours! And that's if you're on reserve in a chimera behind the front!