A Final Fantasy

Old Nov 13 '12, 10:29pm
He who pilots mechs... and things...

A Final Fantasy

Final Fantasy - Forum
Miscellaneous
Estimated Members Requested: 4

A bit about me
I am a Roleplayer of ten(10) years of experience, with five(5) years of experience with the various adaptations of Final Fantasy d6. I have Game Mastered for six(6) of my ten(10) years of roleplaying. And yes, the putting of numbers in parenthesis after the written word is a quirk I have and something you, the players, will have to put up with. I write as a hobby so hopefully I will be able to weave(no pun intended) a story with you all.

Don't let me being new to Mythweavers fool you, I am experienced in Play by Post games so I think I have a handle on the forum codes.

A bit about the game
This game will follow a simular vein and setting as Final Fantasy III with my own variations. So, let the nostalgia begin!

I have my own list of house rules and the character creation rules are here.

EDIT!: I should most likely mention that we are using this version of FFd6.

Game Description:

Bahamut sitting in his throne in the sky.
Airships flying over moutain tops while defending against sky pirates and wyverns.
Little goblin monsters sitting outside of towns because the town guard are obviously not well trained enough to deal with them on their own even though they've had years of training.
Chocobo running around in the wilds, just waiting for the opportunity to peck you in the face.
Little children chasing chickens in your hometown and store owners working their craft between sales.

These are all things, and more, that we think about when Final Fantasy is mentioned. All the nostalgic memories that are brought back when we close our eyes and listen to the soundtracks of the many different games.

Wouldn't you want to relive those moments, just one more time?

Last edited by DragonMech; Nov 13 '12 at 10:34pm..
Are we talking American or Japanese FinalFantasy3? It's the difference between old-school fantasy and Magitech fantasy, after all.

Well, I'll give everything a look around. I've glanced at FFd6 before, but only in passing at a friends, so who knows eh?

I just went and got the PDF, thank goodness I its the right version. Going to have a look through it tonight but im interested...

Two things:

1. Not everybody has played FFIII, so you should consider adding a synopsis of what to expect in your game, as well as any important setting information.

2. Your ideas behind multiclassing are interesting, but is it really necessary to map out every hour of training? That sort of thing is usually relegated to the background, because it's not really heroic, or very interesting.

@Toonberry
it will follow the general route but might end up going a completely different route once the game actually starts and the characters start doing their own things.

@Greyfield
1) Knowledge of FF III wont be nessissary for this game, and the synopsis of what happened in FF III is right there in the main book(page 188 to be exact)

2) Every hour of training wont be mapped out, Player X basically goes 'I'm going to be studying under Player Y today' at the begining of each day and I will assume your character is paying close attention to how Player Y does things in and out of combat. And if Player X hooks up to study under an NPC that'll be a week of time that Player X wont be participating in the rest of the parties stuff (possibly using a recruited NPC for the week or so it takes Player X to train and catch up with the rest of the party).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonMech View Post
1) Knowledge of FF III wont be nessissary for this game, and the synopsis of what happened in FF III is right there in the main book(page 188 to be exact)
Knowledge of the setting is always necessary for character creation, in my experience. I can't really make a character that's tailor-made for your world if I don't know what the world is like, afterall. I mean, I can always make something generic to apply to the game with, but that isn't nearly as fun.

I took a look at the book and it's actually on page 190, and I'll be happy to skim through the section to help getting an idea of what the setting is like. But you might want to at least list the page number in your advertisement. I'm not trying to tell you how to run things, I'm just saying that it's easier on the applicants if they know what to expect before rolling up their characters (and you end up with better applications to choose from, so it's a win-win!).

I just downloaded the pdf for this system and after reading through it all I would be extremely interested in creating a character for this game.
I've always wanted to play a Blue Mage for a tabletop RPG =)

Character sheet will probably be put up later tonight.