Ooc

Ooc

For out of character chatter.

What kind of world is it? I mean both the dreamworld and the world outside the dream?
And i have no idea what yonu meant in character creation. Sry for being noob.

Heh that's ok, I was mainly setting that up for my own notes. Ignore that part for now, we'll get to it later.

The main game takes place in the dream about a D&D3.5 setting, which is a fantasy world medieval technology, magic, wizards, dragons, orcs, etc. Mainly about a tribe fighting for their place in the world while dealing with natural disasters, shadows, and lesser demons. This is where most of the game will take place. Players will play as a D&D3.5 character, which will be their dream persona for this setting, and we'll be using D&D3.5 rules for it.

The dreamers may occassionally wake up, which will end their involvement in that setting, until they go to sleep again the next day, in which case they can re-enter it, though time and events may have moved on a bit in that setting since they were last in it
(by about 16 hours or so, just because. Sometimes more, sometimes less than that.)

There may be brief posts about when they are awake but I'll usually leave that up to the players.

The world outside the dream is the modern day world, characters are likely students taking a course in psychology at a university.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ _

In terms of character creation, since you said you wanted to learn D&D3.5, the main thing to start with is to create a dream persona for the fantasy dream setting, a D&D3.5 character.

At the top of the page click Sheets > then click New sheet > then type in what you want your character's name to be next to where it says "New sheet", click on Type and change it to D&D3.5e, then click create. (There will be a little box saying Public? with a green tick. You will want it to be Public so that other people can see it, so just leave that ticked )

Once you've clicked create, your new character sheet should be created, so scroll down until you find it, then click on it.

Should look something like this:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=469261

Pick a class from the following: barbarian, bard, cleric, druid, fighter, monk, paladin, ranger, rogue, sorcerer, wizard. Type that in on the sheet just above where it says class.
If you don't know what to pick, just pick one of them, you can always change it later before the game begins.

Then pick a race from the following: human, dwarf, elf, gnome, half-elf, half-orc, halfling. Type that in just above where it says race.

Scroll down to the bottom and click Save Changes.

I would like to ask a few details about this fantasy dreamscape: the characters' dream selves are the D&D characters, and thus they are in the same tribe, right? Do this tribe contains the same species/race or it is a multiracial? It can be rationalized anyway as this is a dreamland so dwarves can be the brothers and sister of elves anyway, but there might be some rules of the dreamscape itself. Like this tribe might be an alliance of different smaller tribes, like the Iroquois, with elves dwarves and others making the separate branches?

Yes, they are in the same tribe. It is multiracial, mainly human but they have incorporated other races into it, either as actual members (like if an elf married into the tribe, and had half-elven children), or as honorary members, such as if dwarves saved the lives of some of the members of the tribe, and were fine with accepting the honorary membership.

Also tribe members have left and split off from the main group over the ages, due to quarrels, exploration, or being separated by natural disasters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud33 View Post
What kind of world is it? I mean both the dreamworld and the world outside the dream?
And i have no idea what yonu meant in character creation. Sry for being noob.
Character creation was for stat rolls, generating strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom and charisma. If you copy this:
[dice]7m4d6v1[/dice].
It will look like this:
Dice Roll: 4d6v1 4d6v1 4d6v1 4d6v1 4d6v1 4d6v1 4d6v1
d6 Results: 6, 6, 4 (Total = 16)
d6 Results: 2, 4, 6 (Total = 12)
d6 Results: 6, 2, 3 (Total = 11)
d6 Results: 5, 5, 5 (Total = 15)
d6 Results: 6, 6, 4 (Total = 16)
d6 Results: 4, 3, 6 (Total = 13)
d6 Results: 5, 3, 4 (Total = 12)

It will roll 7 sets of 4 six sided dice, dropping the lowest from each set. You can select the six highest of the seven sets to assign to the attributes of your character.

Alternatively you can use point buy:
To get a score of
8 costs 0
9 costs 1
10 costs 2
11 costs 3
12 costs 4
13 costs 5
14 costs 6
15 costs 8
16 costs 10
17 costs 13
18 costs 16

You have 32 points to spend. For example you could have scores of 18, 18, 8, 8, 8, 8. Though I probably wouldn't advise it, that was just for illustration and easy maths.

Also if I got the point buy costs wrong, someone let me know, I'm doing this from memory.

The scores are then modifed by whatever race you took, for example, halflings get +2 dexterity and -2 strength.
The most important stats for your character will depend on what class they took - barbarians and fighters do well with high strength, wizards with high intelligence, clerics and druids with high wisdom, rogues with high dexterity, sorcerers and bards with high charisma, and so forth.

I messed up when i did that but i fixed it And ive done the character sheet, added it to totem spirits.

Cool, an elven rogue.

In terms of the rest of your character sheet,
Size: medium (due to being an elf)
Stats: 10, 12, 14, 14, 14, 17.
Assign them to Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma.
Rogues do well with high dexterity, so I'd probably recommend you put the 17 into dexterity, up to you though. The order that you rolled them in doesn't matter, you get to choose how they get assigned. After assigning your stat rolls, take off 2 from constitution and add 2 to dexterity, due to being an elf. So for example, if you put the 17 into dexterity, it would then become a 19.

Strength is good for melee attacks rolls, damage, and carrying stuff, as well as skills like climbing, jumping and swimming.
Dexterity is good for reflex saves (if you get fireballed, avoiding damage from it, for instance). Also good for dodging in combat, and for doing ranged attacks. As well as skills like hide, sneak, sleight of hand. Rogues get Evasion at level 2, so instead of taking half damage if they make a successful reflex save, they take no damage instead. Very handy. Also affects initiative (who acts first in combat).
Constitution is good for fortitude saves (things like saving against poison), also hit points, which is how much damage your character can take before dying.
Intelligence is good for skill points, and skills to do with knowledge.
Wisdom is good for will saves (saving against being charmed or fear), also skills like spot, listen and sense motive.
Charisma is how likeable your character is, and strength of personality, skills like diplomacy, bluff or intimidate.

Strength, dexterity and constitution will be the main stats affecting combat, and intelligence gives skill points, so I'd probably recommend those unless you have strong ideas otherwise, which is fine if you do

If you look at the table here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/rogue.htm

You'll be able to see that a rogue who is 2nd level has 1 Base attack bonus, (the box to the right of MELEE and RANGED). The base saves for fortitude and will are 0 at level 2 for a rogue so you can leave those blank. The base save for reflex is 3, so you can add that in.

Scaredbob: All the base classes are available, barbarian, bard, cleric, druid, fighter, monk, paladin, ranger, rogue, sorcerer, wizard. Pretty much anything in the SRD is available, if you have some other class you'd prefer to play that is not in the SRD, let me know and I'll consider it.

There is also a custom class, for those who want to play as one of the animal dream guides, the totem spirits of the tribe, in which case they are celestial animals which have various abilities and responsibilities beyond the norm. They're charged with looking after and unifying the tribe members, especially against shadows and demons.