The Rod of Seven Parts

Old Nov 10 '12, 7:46pm
Dming a drow 3.5 game since 2011 ;)

The Rod of Seven Parts

The Rod of Seven Parts - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Ad Closes: Dec 1 '12
Estimated Members Requested: 4

The doors swung open slowly as Gara'cias pushed them open with his massive arms of golden hued skin. His thick white boots take long strides across the pristine white marble floors of the open domed hall. He approaches the small table, surrounded by tall concave bookshelves surrounding it and the old man sitting there. He turned around upon hearing the steps, smoking the honey flower in his long ivory pipe tipped in gold. His eye's widened as Gara'cias handed him a small piece of stiff skin that apparently had been used as parchment. It was written in the infernal tounge of the devils and upon glancing over it quickly with his eyes, he grimaced closing his eyes while he did so. He recovered from his emotion, placed the piece of skin in a book and replaced the book on the shelf.

"It is time. Our first move is to contact them. Let us begin our plans."

This game will be a quick planar hopping game where the players go on a search for an artifact. More details to be posted later. As you can see, this ad is up for a while so I'll be filling in threads as needed but for now go ahead and ask questions etc here.

System: 3.x 3.5
Sources: PHB, PHB II, all completes. All core (PHB, DMG, MM) No Tomb of Battle, nothing that changes how the spell system works too much as a whole.
Races: Open to anything in the races books, MM's, and savage species/completes/core nothing homebrew. This is a planes hopping game so feel free to run wild with this.
Monster Races: Keep LA in mind. If LA is above +3 use savage species or talk to me about a progression if it isn't in there.
Templates: Keep these basic, no over the top incorporeal type templates or anything above LA+3.
Flaws/Traits: Pick one flaw, one trait if you want. You don't have to pic but once decided it can't be changed. Don't forget the bonus feat that goes with this.
Level: Starting level 6. Three classes maximum (this includes if you prestige).
Classes: Anything from the sources above is fine.
Abilities: 4d6 drop the lowest. 4 6's means a 19. Roll three sets take the best.
Wealth: By level per DMG, half of this can be spent on items you want. Other half can be rolled randomly or given to you in the form of an item chosen by myself.

Need a warrior type (melee or ranged) to take the place of the guy who has been dropped.

Game Description:

The Rod of Seven Parts

Last edited by Coolplayer; Feb 18 '13 at 9:13pm..
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingbishop View Post
...don't you just love it when you go to write a backstory for a character and before you know what's happened, you've written a 1000-word short story?

*goes to try and slim down the exposition*
I do this all the time. I suppose it's good since it shows that you're thinking about your character, but I think there's a point where you're just overthinking it, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberys View Post
I do this all the time. I suppose it's good since it shows that you're thinking about your character, but I think there's a point where you're just overthinking it, you know?
Overthinking? Nah!! He's just being thorough! XD

After thinking about it, I will not create a character of any kind for this. As much as I like being a player, I don't think it's appropriate for me to do so in this particular campaign.

Can you make me a reader so I can read along please? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
After thinking about it, I will not create a character of any kind for this. As much as I like being a player, I don't think it's appropriate for me to do so in this particular campaign.

Can you make me a reader so I can read along please? Thanks!
Will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMDracoMoondragon View Post
Overthinking? Nah!! He's just being thorough! XD
Well less that, more I go to write the bit explaining how my character became a cleric and end up writing the story of how this girl was waylaid by bandits and left lost on a road in the middle of nowhere, and then had a dream where she had a religious experience and agreed to join Fharlanghn in his eternal journey, and that bit alone takes up about half the backstory. >_<

Just don't make me read a novel when I'm reading applications to pick players please. LOL

EDIT: application in the wrong place? what application? Why, I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about... >_>