The Mumbling Myknock (The OOC thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paro View Post
Valiyn, We appear to no longer be in combat rounds on the bridge, correct?
Correct.

Quote:
I did not see any results from Mara's two skill checks in the IC text. I was expecting at least something on her check to determine deception, even if the Persuasion on the rest of the bridge crew doesn't apply. Will I get something OOC at least to tell me what happened?
He's not lying. I don't normally tell the result of sense deception or whatever check if the result is: you find out nothing yet. He hasn't really told you anything of value. I'll apply the check passively for the rest of the conversation - but as of the present, you don't have the result on that front because there is no result to give yet. As for the persuasion skill checks: He wants wants a promise from you first - not an unconditional surrender. I cannot see him surrendering unconditionally to someone he's terrified of (the Vorr). Rolls can only be taken so far, the rest has to be done with story and RP. He's ready to surrender, if you can make that promise. I don't care how high the roll is, you need to meet any story requirements first for the event to happen. A rancor could get a 90 on a deception check to pass himself off as an ewok, but I'm not going to say "it works" until the character gets a good holoshroud projector in the story. As it is, there is a story requirement to get him to surrender: He wants to live - and he'll sell out anything and anyone to live. Either you let him go or you promise him to protection or you think of something else. If he can't live, he's taking as much as possible with him to the netherworld. A roll, even a really good roll, is not going to trump a key defining factor in a character's personality.

Quote:
Also, if we are not in combat rounds, then I will hold Mara's reply until after the Captain replies to Oln regardless.
Oln didn't ask anything - why would the captain reply to him?

Feel better soon, Fell.

MJS, regarding the new movie - that's a step in the right direction. I can't help but feel cautious. I think the choice of the director is the thing that will make it or break for me in terms of how optimistic I am. This news made me think of another director I think could do a good job - Brad Bird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voin View Post
MJS, regarding the new movie - that's a step in the right direction. I can't help but feel cautious. I think the choice of the director is the thing that will make it or break for me in terms of how optimistic I am. This news made me think of another director I think could do a good job - Brad Bird.
Well, that would most certainly result in a tragicomic view of the story that I wouldn't at all mind.

Thanks, Val. As I saw it, Oln was talking in response to the Captain with a Bluff check, no? Since I was asking questions, I was thinking you would see that as I delayed. If he is ignoring that remark, I can continue on.

Understand on why no reaction means no deception detected, but I was asking multiple questions so I added it to the list. No worries.

Though, there are a few of the bridge crew that I could see influenced by the second Persuasion roll that might not want to follow their Captain into death. I guess I was hoping for some consideration of that possibility since there was no indication they were doing anything yet.

But I am beginning to understand that you are sticking with your script and not letting me circumvent the decision point. If that makes sense.

I should be able to post later tonight (5-6 hrs from now), after you often are online to potentially answer.

Actually surprisingly many followers/soldiers et.c. would follow their leader into the death as long as it is a good death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J Steel View Post
Actually surprisingly many followers/soldiers et.c. would follow their leader into the death as long as it is a good death.
There's that - they are also too far away to shoot any weapon out of the captain's hands and are too poor shots for anything like that. There isn't an action they could really do to change the outcome.

They are also well out of the blast radius of the thermal - which means they're safe. You all aren't, but they are - which means they would survive the suicidal captain.

Also going off the range - they might not be able to hear you clearly or over the hum of countless computers unless you're yelling.

Am swamped. Will get back to all games tomorrow and not a day later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiyn View Post
They are also well out of the blast radius of the thermal - which means they're safe. You all aren't, but they are - which means they would survive the suicidal captain.
...assuming the nearby wall/window survives the blast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiyn View Post
Also going off the range - they might not be able to hear you clearly or over the hum of countless computers unless you're yelling.
Really? That would not be a very good design for a bridge if the various stations could not hear each other above the consoles.

What happens if they need to talk and comms circuits are damaged?

Lol, sorry the Navy person in me is scrambling to find the I believe button. Pardon me while go look for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paro View Post
.... is scrambling to find the I believe button. Pardon me while go look for it.
Heh, then ignore that reasoning or chaulk it up to the ship not being designed for combat