Estimated Members Requested: 6

Who will turn back the Shadows?
Who will defend in the night?
If fangs and claws come at the Malan'whibi tribe,
Who among you wield the sun's light?

We will not stand unaided,
In this shadow of moonlight's path.
The stars may fall, and burn to the ground,
but the demons who strike us shall know our wrath.

For we are of the clans of old
We have walked through the fires of hell.
When the strands of fate weave in our dreams,
Our totems shall rise and protect where we dwell.

Though part of our clan was scattered
Lost through the ages of time
Fast approaching the days of rejoining
Whether they are pure or soiled with grime

Though rifts in our clan may have split us in tway
Strands of fate, which part, always return
Golden sunlight of day, keep starlit shadows at bay
Legends of moonlight will be relearned

The Legends of Moonlight WILL be relearned.

Halurn the savage bard bared his teeth in a wild grin, having finished his recital, turning to the celestial creature in front of him. He wasn't quite sure what it was, possibly a ... platynum ... no, not that word... Platypus? In any case, it nodded once, having completed part of what it was sent here to do, then quickly faded out to embark on the next part of its mission.

Finding the lost tribespeople.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ _______

The main concept is that the players play characters in a modern day setting. They have dreams about a recurring fantasy dream setting, based on D&D3.5 rules, which is where the main game will take place. The dream personas of the characters will be descendants of the (lost) tribespeople, who are being sought out, so that they can return to help with the various challenges, that the Malan'whibi tribespeople are facing. Natural disasters, Shadows, lesser demons, night mares, and so forth. The tribespeople are mainly human, though they have also accepted members of other races into their tribe as actual or honorary members, over the ages. Generally those who have helped them a great deal in the past, and have then passed through the initiation rites.

Game Description:

Who will turn back the Shadows?
Who will defend in the night?
If fangs and claws come at the Malan'whibi tribe,
Who among you wield the sun's light?

We will not stand unaided,
In this shadow of moonlight's path.
The stars may fall, and burn to the ground,
but the demons who strike us shall know our wrath.

For we are of the clans of old
We have walked through the fires of hell.
When the strands of fate weave in our dreams,
Our totems shall rise and protect where we dwell.

Though part of our clan was scattered
Lost through the ages of time
Fast approaching the days of rejoining
Whether they are pure or soiled with grime

Though rifts in our clan may have split us in tway
Strands of fate, which part, always return
Golden sunlight of day, keep starlit shadows at bay
Legends of moonlight will be relearned

The Legends of Moonlight WILL be relearned.

Halurn the savage bard bared his teeth in a wild grin, having finished his recital, turning to the celestial creature in front of him. He wasn't quite sure what it was, possibly a ... platynum ... no, not that word... Platypus? In any case, it nodded once, having completed part of what it was sent here to do, then quickly faded out to embark on the next part of its mission.

Finding the lost tribespeople.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ _______

Main concept is that the players play characters set in various dreams, at least one of the settings is a recurring dream fantasy based setting, which is probably where the main game will take place.

The main fantasy game setting will be using D&D3.5 rules, other dreams may use the window system.

Characters will start at level 2, with 900 gold to spend. Starting experience of 1000.
There is one player who is new to the system and is automatically accepted.
Allowed sources include the SRD. If you want something from other sources, ask.
Stats will be 7m4d6v1, drop one of those sets. Roll once. If you dislike the rolls, you may instead choose a 32 point buy.
Standard PHB pantheon.

I am considering allowing players to play as dream guide, animal totem spirit companions, if you are interested in this, please ask.

Last edited by LDDragon; Nov 14 '12 at 7:55am..
The modern setting stuff is completely optional.

Psion classes are fine, as long as it is in the SRD.

Cool. If you're rolling for stats, you can do it in the game forum in the character creation thread.

@LD - I am rather partial to cats, personally, so probably a Lion or Panther or something. I can also do wolves if need be.

@Adaiah

Feel free to make a celestial feline (lion, panther, your choice) of some sort. I'll be wanting to have the guides progress as the tribespeople do, so roll stats and apply them as usual, or do 32 point buy, and hit points will be max at first level, roll for the ones after that (d8s for dream guides). Starting level 2, using the table in the spoiler tag, which I expect to fill out the higher level stuff if it comes up. No gold, but they have their abilities, and I sent you some info on the guides I think.

At this stage I'm thinking no racial modifiers to stats, unless you want to make a case for them, in which case suggest something to me based on what you think is appropriate for the species that you end up choosing. The celestial template will apply, for free, for thematic appropriateness.

A description of appearance would be good when applying too

Posting my interest. This is a great idea. Count me in.

@Skippy5393: Cool, I look forward to your application, should you choose to apply