Sidelines (OCC Thread)

Well that's it I rather they not be locals cause then they should have been considered during the time we made our characters (as least if your character too is local). And I see the point of making a outsider of Ooc reason however for IC reason I find it harder to believe as first, kindreds doesnt travel alot those who do are clear minorities, second kindreds are slow to trust and I have a hard time to believe and outsider would be considered for an asignment until at least a couple of years in which time he's proven himself trustworthy. Lastly, making an ancillae isnt all fun and games, creating a background and get a feeling of a character who have lived 100 years is hard and not anything to be taken lightly as to shallow character would soon perish the illusion of his age.

I'm not going to stress about it. The nice thing about the story teller systems is everyone brings their own story and when put together with everyones makes stories no one expected. If someone wants to join and play a local or a stranger i can think of half a dozen ideas why they could fit in. If no one Joins and its just the four of us and Dejoker, then we can make that work too. We might have to all portray multiple characters but it still has potential.
The real test of PbP games is the effort everyone is willing to put into them. They succeed or fail from everyone being close to the same level of commitment. Too much from some or to little from some and you get feelings of frustration and irritation. Too little from all becomes inactivity. Get the balance right though and it just keeps going along seeming under its own power.

Okay I know I have not gotten everything up yet nor have I answered all the questions yet but as PbP tends to move fairly slow I was thinking of maybe getting things started and then hopefully finishing up those things I need to do sort of as we go. Addressing the more critical items first and the less critical ones later on. How does that sound to everyone -- oh and this post is sort of roll call I kind of need to know who is still actively watching this game and who has moved on to other things.

Well as long as we know whose the ruler is and his official view of kindred affairs in town, any off-limit areas (both locations and influences) and the known kindreds in town we should be able to start without any wrong presumptions.

Hmm dang that's a fairly long list to complete but I have posted two of the primary players already if you have checked the City of Las Vegas thread lately but yeah I suppose I need to put them in the Dancers of the Requiem section. Note most of the players (except yours of course) are from out of town so will not necessarily know all the players although most of you have the ability to acquire that knowledge fairly easily.

@Dejoker:I noticed that you put my character's squire in one of the factions in the city but my character's name isn't on the list. I'm kinda confused as to what this is supposed to mean?

If I remember correctly your story goes... you are in Torpor and she is out and about and now you have come to join her. Did I mis-remember something? If I did not mis-remember something then, yes she is in a Faction and you are just arriving to the city, so technically not IN the faction yet although you do have fairly strong ties to it -- all things considered.

Also if you disagree with any of that (in the case that I did not mis-remember) then also please let me know I thought it made solid sense based off what I remember of your story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoker View Post
If I remember correctly your story goes... you are in Torpor and she is out and about and now you have come to join her. Did I mis-remember something?
Well, my character isn't in Torpor now. He's been out and about for a while before he came to L.A as my background details. He was awoken prematurely from his desired torpor by elders from outside L.A because they have concerns as to what is happening to the Invictus in L.A and was then assigned Alexa as his squire before they came together to L.A. She'd already served under him before he entered a desired torpor, then passed on to someone else whereupon things didn't go as desired. She was then put back under Theodore's tutelage to either make or break her elevation to Knight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoker View Post
If I did not mis-remember something then, yes she is in a Faction and you are just arriving to the city, so technically not IN the faction yet although you do have fairly strong ties to it -- all things considered.

Also if you disagree with any of that (in the case that I did not mis-remember) then also please let me know I thought it made solid sense based off what I remember of your story.
I don't disagree in the sense that as Invictus sworn he does have ties to the Invictus of the city (being a member of the covenant). However, in my background they both arrived in the city together on assignment. That said it does make sense allegiances wise.

I've left deliberately vague the details about what Alexa did during the time Theodore was in torpor. However and if it suits your story more that Alexa would have already been in L.A and Theodore came to join her after the elders that awoke Theodore sent him on assignment to L.A. Then I can make a change to the background if that will help the game and the story. Nothing's to say that these elders might not be the ones the L.A faction is in contact/reports to.

Well yes I do think it might help the story some if Alexa was already in L.V. (not L.A. ) and you have been sent to join her and/or perhaps its her reports that have made the Elders concerned and perhaps they are concerned about something else (which would actually tie strongly into the first story arc) other than what you outlined and they will let Alexa fill you in on the details

Also that bad assignment Alexa was on I thought it might "interesting" if he was still here in L.V. give you something to perhaps grind your teeth about or ya know basically have some other headache to have to deal with in the form of another vampire that does not much like what has just transpired.