Notices

character creation questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J Steel View Post
I notice your concern and I think that you are perhaps right, also creating a chimaera could have the effect that non of his side is shown instead. Instead I'm going for a pure Bonisagus and enhance the faerie part to have also give his magic fay properties a reason for why he as a Bonisagi choices to be a wanderer; he doesn't need a laboratory to create new spells.
Also it seems that you are forbidden to take "inoffensive to" twice so I'm thinking of just take, "Offensive to human instead" (which so far I haven't found yet :P).
Good.

Arts: 110xp
15 Creo 5
15 Perdo 5

1 Aquam 1
15 Auram 5
15 Corpus 5
6 Ignem 3
37*1,5=55xp Terram 10
6 Vim 3

abilities: 310xp - MANY of them requiring academic study. Consider taking educated as a virtue. It'd be only fair.
0 English 5
15 Stealth 2
5 Swim 1
15 Awareness 2
5 Survival 1
5 Athletics 1
10 Shapechange 2
75 Latin 5
30 Artrs Liberales 3 (typo!)
15 Philosophiae 2
5 Medicine 1
75 Magic theory 5
5 Parma 1
15 Magic Lore 2
5 Code of Herm 1
15 Conentr 2 (typo!)
5 finesse 1
5 penetration 1
5 profession(scribe) 1

310+110=420xp

-45 childhood xp - 240 apprentice xp = 135xp

up to 5: childhood
up to 14: pre-apprenticeship (9 years)
up to 29: apprenticeship
game starts when he's 31 to 33.

Math okay.

At that age, he'll do anything for a longevity ritual.

Do I understand correctly that we have 285xp to devide before the gauntlet and then 135xp to illustrate our time after, season by season?

Wise one gives him access those skills

Quote:
At that age, he'll do anything for a longevity ritual.
Me, what about our new magi, he is age 35 at the gauntlet!

So i am taking lycanthrope, on the first moon after his gauntlet it starts. He assumes his family has cursed him for showing that he could still be a mage but like everything he will work towards solving this. He wont try to fight the transformation, he will try to allow him to be in control and not black out. So is starts to research ways to allow him to do this.

What you think?

Crunches done, very average in his forms and techniques and not the most educated, and yes he can't write down his own thesis in books which is almost seen on as blasphemy to his house. I was even contemplating making his latin knowledge even less considering the fact that he gather most of his experience and knowledge outside of books but I wanted to check with you before I lowered it to 2-3 as it might not fit into the story of yours.

Quote:
Do I understand correctly that we have 285xp to devide before the gauntlet and then 135xp to illustrate our time after, season by season?
see p. 29 for summary

early childhood: native language + 45xp (limited skills selection)
then 15xp per annum - try to resist the temptation of buying too many years before apprenticeship, it ages the character.
240xp + 120 lvls of spells apprenticeship

two years after gauntlet: 30xp/year or spells, items, other stuff
d8 seasons: some xp or stuff

Virtues like educated, warrior, magister add to the number of xp

Yes I saw the summary but wasn't sure about how many annum we got.
Also I included the after gauntlet xp but will be moving them then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathgon View Post
Wise one gives him access those skills
Well, pay for wise one then.

He is 35? Did I do my Maths wrong? I calculated 29 at gauntlet.

Lycanthrope is fine with me - it fits well.

Quote:
Crunches done, very average in his forms and techniques and not the most educated, and yes he can't write down his own thesis in books which is almost seen on as blasphemy to his house. I was even contemplating making his latin knowledge even less considering the fact that he gather most of his experience and knowledge outside of books but I wanted to check with you before I lowered it to 2-3 as it might not fit into the story of yours.
Latin is the language the magi need to understand with each other.

Going below Latin 4 means
(3) you speaking with accent clear.
(2) Enemy coming there. What do we?
(1) There. Bad man.

Makes posting difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjornaer View Post
I like the virtues and flaws.

Wards are best against mundane threats since they must penetrate. Most weapons are mundane though, and, combined with Parma, you'll get a mighty fighter.
I've toyed with them a little, but not fundamentally. Initially I was thinking of a faerie knight, but now that he's of goblin blood, I may rethink the milites, have him be stealthier.

I've also taken one starting spell from the Net Wizard's Grimoire: Wizard's Ward vs Steel Weapons.

I am also seeing if i can get myself access to Hauberk of Sublime Lightness from HoH:S ... if I can get the lab total, might I be able to gain access to a lab text for this?

As to age, I thought I would start my character a little older ... he does have Strong Faerie Blood, which means he doesn't start aging until 50. If this feels overpowered, I can certainly start with a lower gauntlet age.