0-39 | Shadow | In Character

   


Panicked, the Kelishite Sorceress stumbled back. Dropping to the ground, she rolled on it, attempting to stop the flames from engulfing her entirely.



http://beta.ditzie.com/32567/50a7df44eae5c




Orin remembers from a previous assignment, the benefit of ranged attacks on an enemy before engaging in hand to hand combat. And having given the archers their shots, Orin now steps up to attack, the only way he knows how. Orin takes a step toward the flaming spirit and swings his great sword.

MAP





Seeing no other choice, Brigid moves forward, passing dangerously close to both of the flaming creatures, while trying to avoid them and get into position to make an attack at the same time.

Then, once she is in a position to attack, she swings her glaive down at the burning creature to her north, since Akash and Aranel seemed to eacg have gotten a good shot into the one west of her.

-==MAP==-




In the blink of an eye, both fire elementals are destroyed by Orin's blade and Akash's arrow.


Perception checks from everyone.

Aranel Shepherd


"Well that was fun, I suppose. Anyone hurt?" Now that the battle was ended, Aranel takes a moment to
Dice Roll: 1d20+3z
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 16)
look (16) around the natural temple.

Akash


"Indeed it was" said Akash as he ran over to the still-burning sorceress. "Now would someone help put Nadira out?" Still, he managed to spare a
Dice Roll: 1d20+8z
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 9)
quick look (9) around, in case more of those things appeared.


Dice Roll: 1d4z
d4 Results: 1
Nadira Burns (1)- Nadira is now at 3/7 hp.


Aranel's search reveals two things:

Most of the hoodoos are carved with a language you can't recognize, but some of them instead use the Kellish language and have been partially rubbed out. They record the journey of Sarenrae's crusaders, who were buried alive by a sandstorm summoned by the cultists long ago.

She also finds two mummified bodies with little in the way of identification between them. However, she finds four vials of oil of bless weapon and a quartet of +1 holy arrows laying around them.



Just as Brigid moves past the elementals, they are destroyed - and she didn't have to swing.

Brigid looks almost disappointed by this.

Shaking her head, and putting her glaive back into the holster on her back, the woman looks around, nodding first to Akesh, then flashing a smile to Odin.

Of course, as she looks around is when Brigid realizes that Nadira is still on fire. Gasping, the woman doesn't even get words out as she rushes over, attempting to help Nadira smother the flames by using her own cloak - regardless of any injuries to herself, or harm to her cloak.




Mysty rushes to Nadira and helps to douse the flames, once the flames have been put out she uses her healing hex on Nadira which heals the burns
Dice Roll: 1d8+2
d8 Results: 3 (Total = 5)
.

Once she has administered the hex she also looks at the surroundings (Perception
Dice Roll: 1d20
d20 Results: 16
), examining the mummified bodies she looks to see what details are visible.

Aranel Shepherd


Aranel ponders the items she found, while distributing them to those who would best use them. "Holy arrows, blessed weapons... Something evil is inside there."

Perhaps the carvings might help? Aranel studies them briefly. But she can't make heads or tails of them.
Carvings (Knowledge Arcana, Linguistics):
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 1d20+2
d20 Results: 4 (Total = 10)
d20 Results: 3 (Total = 5)





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status