Teen Titans #2 - Smoke and Mirrors Pt. 2

"You don't really think there's a connecti..." Robin's words trail off as he pulls up the information, "The Millennium Bridge, known colloquially as "The Gateway" was designed in 2000 by Architect Matthew Solomon.' ...It's the guys descendant."

Stepping away from the computer, Robin turns on a heel, "Alright everyone it's showtime. I'm willing to bet a Batmobile that Abra's at the center of everything at that bridge."

He does pause at Scott's question of a codename, his eyes focusing on the young man, before a small smile plays across the Boy Wonder's face.

"I've the perfect codename for you," he states matter of factly, drawing up another holo screen from mid air. His fingers dance across the controls, before an image of a man in a blue and black suit, a man who seems to be literally coming out of the wall, springs up on the screen.

"He was called Obsidian, he was a Teen Titan before. From what I was told he was a lot like you seem to be. Similar power set, never wanted to be a hero, Ended up as one of the greats. I think it would suit you."

Catwoman
Dodge: 7 / Parry: 3 / Fortitude: 7 / Toughness: 7 / Will: 6
Condition:
Hero Points: 1

The sight of the monkey demons awoke a godly fury inside Catwoman. The Godess was furious at their prescence and the endangering if innocents. She may be a solitary, but this completly changed things.

Letting aout a mighty roar, she let her body assume the form the Godess wished. Her shoulders stretched and her fur turned from her usual black to a shiny golden, which made her back hair stand out a lot. Her arms covered again in fur and her hands turned into solid dangerous looking paws, the same as her delicate feet. Her white tunic floated around her with the transformation, settling once the display of power was finished.

Now she was almost a head taller than the group, and visibly more muscular, though still keeping her very feminine form. lashing out her tail furiously, the half Lioness looked at the holo projection with fury

"No one will suffer... save for those aberrations of Seth, which I destroyed with the Hawk prince in the wake of my Lord. I will send them back to the shadows where they belong" she said with a deep powerful voice, that had an eerie feeling in it

Mechanics
  • Free Action:
  • Move Action:
  • Standard Action:

ScottHero Points: 1
Dodge: 7; Parry: 4
Fort: 8; Tough 13; Will 12
Condition: Normal

Scott stared at the projection and listened quietly to Robin's explanation. The rusty gears turned in his mind and a slow grin spread across his face.

"Obsidian," he said. "That's pretty awesome. I like it."

LIAN HARPER
ARROWETTE
CONDITION: Normal '''''''''''''' HERO POINTS: One

“I've hidden the final piece of the rite in my masterpiece.” Lian quoted back at him in a lightly mocking tone. “Devil worship: fun for the whole family.” She paled when she heard the bridge being called ‘the Gateway’. She watched how things were progressing on the TV, completely oblivious to the code-name conversation and various other happenings. A part of her had hoped that without Raven, Trigon wouldn't have been able to fully manifest, but it would seem that these people had found a work around.

“No one will suffer... save for those aberrations of Seth, which I destroyed with the Hawk prince in the wake of my Lord. I will send them back to the shadows where they belong.”

Lian looked over at Catwoman – who shapeshifted again, she noticed -- trying to assess her capabilities. She liked this girl; she had drive. Admittedly Arrowette didn’t understand half of what she had been talking about, but clearly she felt very strongly about it. She wished that she knew a bit more about her, though, and the others too, for that matter. It bothered her that she didn’t know what they were all capable of; it made planning on the fly difficult and they didn’t have time to stop and hash things out. They needed to get to that bridge now.

They might already be too late.

She walked over to the bikes, intending to acquaint herself with their features. Both of them were a bit too big for her, but she would be able to manage. The Martian and the shadowmancer – Obsidian, she corrected herself – could fly, she had seen them, but she didn’t know about the other two girls. She sized them up, but couldn’t come to any real conclusions. The cat girl could probably shift into something small enough to ride along or fast enough to run beside, but she wasn’t sure about the purple skinned demon girl. “How fast can you move?”

D12+5 / F10 / P8 / T8 / W10

"So," Scott fidgeted while the others did their work. "Do you all know each other already?"

Catwoman
Dodge: 7 / Parry: 3 / Fortitude: 7 / Toughness: 7 / Will: 6
Condition:
Hero Points: 1

"You could say that, Obsidian" replied Catwoman "At least with Robin here. And I've.... heard some things about Arrowette. Not much mind you"

Mechanics
  • Free Action:
  • Move Action:
  • Standard Action:

Indigo : To the Bridge

Dodge: 02 | Parry: 06 | Fortitude: 05 | Toughness: 10* | Will: 02
Hero Points: 02

Shaking her head she responds to "Obsidian", "I'm unfamiliar with those here although I have heard of Robin prior, although typically in reference to the Bat. In some of my studies there were mentions and glimpses." She finishes the last bit of ration left and chews it methodically. "But, no. I really don't know anyone here nor would I imagine they actually know me. Still, it does seem as though we're all interested in stopping whatever unwitting fate is to befall the mortals here."

Standing and stretching she frowns. Hmmm... a "gateway" huh? Always a bad idea to open doorways like that. Random things can just go wandering through all the time... not to mention the intended traveler as well. Her tail lashes back and forth before coiling and uncoiling around her right arm. "Where is this bridge? How far from here? And how will we get there?"

Nodding, Indigo directs her next few sentences towards the archer, "I can leap great distances... or teleport through flames... they are harmless to me... and I've got some facility for them as well. Perhaps that is what we need most, to understand how we can cooperate together to deal with this threat." She pauses a moment, counting on her fingers and murmuring to herself, "My apologies... I am unused to your distances... still learning them really. I believe I can cover say around 5 or 6 of your miles every minute or so of your time. The places where I land between my leaps will be worse for the wear though... I've not learned how to land softly yet... and things tend to... suffer some damage." She grins and shrugs.

"Oh, um, that's pretty cool." Scott's head spun. Everything felt like it moved too quickly. The people around him talked, and though he heard them, they all sounded so distant. The room looked blurry, and he saw spots. The young man couldn't figure out if it all came from hunger or the overwhelming situation.

"You can teleport?" he asked Indigo. "That's neat. I can't do that but I can turn into a shadow and walk through walls and stuff. Um...I wonder if I can learn to walk from one shadow to another like you do with fire."

Another Time, Another Place...

In a secret location many miles away, J'onn Jonzz - the last Martian - reels back and clutches at his skull howling in agony! ”Nnooo!!!!”

"J'onn!" At the sounds of his friend's scream, a new figure enters the room at a sprint, wearing a domino mask and red and black kevlar, Nightwing kneels down beside the old Leaguer. "J'onn I'm here, It's alright man take a breath, what happened?"

J'onn reaches up and clutches Nightwing by the shoulder, tears falling freely down his cheeks as his sobs, his baritone voice trembling. "The Gotham Mission... Lian... Batman... Batman found her... He .... Oh Gods... He killed her."

Here and Now...

TO BE CONTINUED...