Notices


Chapter 3: Into the Belly of the Beast

 
Adlebar thought on Aife's question for a moment before responding, checking his bowstring as he did so.

"Of course I'd heard that part of the tale. The young lady flees her betrothed and family, not wanting to be a pawn in her father's schemes. It is an old tale but that just adds a certain mystique and grangeur to her story. Is there perhaps another young man she wed in secret? One can only speculate until the young lady is found. And I assure you, if I ever were to find the young lady it would to be as a friend, or ally she might meet on her journey and never, hopefully, as the antagonist."

Aife Maerasdottir

Aife glanced between Roo and Adlebar before finally nodding at them both. She took another deep breath and then shook her head at Adlebar's question. "I haven't heard any stories of this woman marrying, either in secret or public. No, she was drawn to the pursuit of knowledge and adventure, not the hearth fires of home." Aife let out another sigh and then checked to make sure her maiden was doing a good job of clearing the treasures from the trash.

She glance up at the newcomers again and added "I think it best to just let the rumors of this young woman die for now. Maybe she died out there in the cold wilderness." Aife traced one of the runes on her stave for a moment before adding "but I would not object to your company, nor would the Reliquary."

Adlebar Archer

"Very well, it shall be as you say," Adlebar says his focus now almost totally on the treasure being liberated by the Shield Maiden. "What brings you all here anyway? And, what is that noise I heard down the corridor? Shall we split the winnings and move on?


Aife Maerasdottir

"We journeyed here to help one of the local villages with a certain rat problem. It seems that we might have found the root of the problem, but I think a full scouring of these warrens is still needed. Your skills will certainly come in handy, I must say." Aife turned her attention to the spoils that her maiden was carefully sorting and added "we'll have time to count our treasures later, I think. For now we should just gather them up."

Adlebar Archer

It takes some mental wrestling with himself but eventually Adlebar gives in and decided to not push the issue. He want's his share but also does not want to be rude in front of his new companions.

Pulling his eyes away from the treasure Adlebar addresses the three original party members, "That sounds like a noble deed, however unsavoury, cont me in. How much of the cavern have you cleared and where shall we head next?


Aife Maerasdottir

Aife bowed her head to Adlebar and then said "honestly, we haven't checked much. We were beset almost immediately upon entering. I think it would be wise to scour these warrens to make sure none of our foes have escaped. Then we can get to the point of cataloging what we've found."



----------MAP----------

With gloved hands, you pick through the mound of rat dung, fur and bones, collecting the coins within. One item catches your interest. A simple gold ring with words inscribed on the inside. The lighting in the caves is insufficient to make them out. You place it and the filth-covered loot in a sack for later.

Rindilnir, even after resting, is still exhausted. A look at his wounds, or where his wounds were show angry redness radiating out from where the scars lay.


Varn | 0/3 Wounds | Parry 7 |
Rindilnir | 0/3 Wounds 2/2 Exhausted | Parry 9
Afie | 0/3 Wounds | Parry 4
Krusk | 0 Wounds | Parry 5 | Tn 8 | INCAPACITATED
Adlebar | 0/3 Wounds | Parry 6 | Tn 5(6TAL/50% 9 head)
Roo | 0/3 Wounds | Parry 5 | Tn 5


Roo



Roo looked with worry to the elf, the red trails festering from his wounds were not a good thing to see.

"We may want to think first of getting you to an herbalist or such." She said to Rindilnir, her fingers lightly tracing the ugly red streaks upon his skin. "Your wounds are infected and will only worsen unless cared for. A good poultice would draw the anger out of your system, but that sooth is beyond my knowledge. I can close the damage done to the flesh, but not the poison that has seeped through."

Adlebar Archer

"Roo is right, that wound does not look good. It is your call master Elf if you wish to push on. The rats are not going anywhere as far as I can tell. It may be in our best interests to have you looked at by someone in town." Adlebar suggests, ever cautious.




----------MAP----------

Sitting in the cave, resting, you hear little other than the clash of rocks from down the passage. The fatigue in Rindilnir's body is palpable, and the elf lays slumped against the rock of the cavern's wall. From down the hall, the orc, Krusk, speaks, "If we rest, we not do it here. Other patrols out, return. And there is Gautrek."


Varn | 0/3 Wounds | Parry 7 |
Rindilnir | 0/3 Wounds 2/2 Exhausted | Parry 9
Afie | 0/3 Wounds | Parry 4
Krusk | 0 Wounds | Parry 5 | Tn 8 | INCAPACITATED
Adlebar | 0/3 Wounds | Parry 6 | Tn 5(6TAL/50% 9 head)
Roo | 0/3 Wounds | Parry 5 | Tn 5






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status       Advertise with us