My ideas for GURPS

My ideas for GURPS

I was looking to see if there would be a game type that would gather more interest than my last Sci-Fi attempt.

1. My first option is another scifi game where players will be crew members on either one of the first FTL ships or simply exploring a new region of space, when something goes wrong, My concept for the gameworld is currently influenced by things such as Halo and Mass effect.

2. This game would be something like low tech superheroes. The players would be very powerful individuals such as demigods or blessed individuals. The game would be somewhat sandboxy as with great power the players would have a large degree of freedom to interact with and shape the world as movers and shakers. inspiration for this game mostly comes from Things like Exalted or Scion or other fictional settings where there are individuals that can change the tide of battle single handedly.

3. This game would be a monster hunter game set in the modern day. Most likely starting high powered but open to the possibility of new hunters. I'm not sure if I plan on using the templates or bang skills from the Gurps MH book but I would like to give the Magic system a try. Inspiration for this game would be things like Hellsing, and some aspects of the Dresden files

4.This game is less thought out than the others at this point but figured I'd mention it. It would be a cinematic martial arts type game , leaning towards historical but could be modern. Inspirations would be things like Street Fighter, god of Highschool, and Dragonball

MH magic system is wonderful. 100% of Lamech's rate it 9 out of 10 or higher! I swear PK is crazy with the stuff he puts out. "Okay, hmm... designing a MH game and we need a magic system. I know I'll make a new one better than all the other magic systems! Hmm... need an investigation system too for solving mysteries. I'll make one better than everything from that mysteries book!"

I'll add a vote for sci-fi. I've wanted to play a janitor IN SPAAACE for quite some time.

Sign me up for the MH game, especially if you don't use bang skills... counter to the GURPS philosophy to my mind...

Lamech, is that investigation system also in the MH books? I only bought the first one, but I'm strongly considering getting the others. You may have just pushed me over the edge. I agree about PK, he's brilliant. RPM is kind of like a worked example combining Path/Book Magic and Realm Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeejimbo View Post
Lamech, is that investigation system also in the MH books? I only bought the first one, but I'm strongly considering getting the others. You may have just pushed me over the edge. I agree about PK, he's brilliant. RPM is kind of like a worked example combining Path/Book Magic and Realm Magic.
It has fairly simple, yet still very good system for solving mysteries, and not just MH mysteries. It incorporates, the investigation/analysis type skills too. Basically it lists out the main questions monster hunters would have when tracking down a monster, then gives suggests for skills that can help you find clues, and the skills that can put the clues together to draw a conclusion. And how the skills would work as well of course.

If its not a MH game the questions and the skills will be modified some. I'm pretty sure the GM is using it, or something very similar in a game I'm in and it works very well.