New Sheets Alpha - Page 7 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

New Sheets Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo View Post
Two more 'S' Sheets in the Sheets Alpha! 7th sea totally counts for 's', right?
Of course it does! <.< >.>
(not that I've ever played that system)

The next major milestone in the new Sheets system is in place!

When you edit a sheet, you can relate it to a game that you are in. This also comes with another benefit of integration, which is compatibility with sheet dice / sheet rolls (insofar as any other sheet has, anyway).

One important caveat: the sheets alpha is still a separate system, with separate numbers. It's unlikely, but you may run into a conflict where 2 sheets have the same id. In this case, the sheet in the legacy system will be used and the sheet in the alpha system will not. Eventually, there will be a great renumbering, but not yet.

Other things to note:
  • Alpha sheets will not show up on your character list on your profile, they will not show up in a GM's list of sheets.
  • In your sheets list, the link is 'dumb' and doesn't show the game's name, just that there is one with a link to it.
  • Most alpha sheets don't have a lot of the same fields as other sheets, particularly lang and pic. These will be added later
  • Alpha sheets don't have statblocks, and therefore generating and trying to save a statblock for one will not work.

As this represents major change to the system that manages sheet rolls / sheet dice, please let me know if anything starts going sideways.

Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo View Post
As I don't play pathfinder I'll have to read more to figure that out. I'll check the SRD. I do plan on having the sheets support multiclass characters in a new way, but haven't quite fleshed it out. I'll probably figure that out when I rewrite the D&D3.5e sheet and then go back and apply it to others that need it.
Not to be overzealous of this, but it was the first thing I noticed looking at the sheet. It's rather simple

if ( isClassSkill && Ranks > 0) { SkillMod += 3}
psuedocode^kinda

We could easily simulate this by just adding 3 to the misc field, but that just feels like moving backwards, plus having to double check which skills are class skills could get annoying. There is only class skill or not class skill, with that +3 if you have ranks in class skill being the only difference. Plus there are lots of ways to gain class skills besides classes (such as feats and traits) That a simply check box might be the simplest, rather than keeping track of all the various ways.

Edit: also great work, I like it so far. The only request I could give is possibly a tan background option?

Quote:
It's rather simple
It totally is. But... it's especially simple if you've read the actual rules and played them. I haven't, and I've read or have been told incomplete and conflicting information from multiple sources

The calculation is not the hard part, it's defining the behavior/rules and representing that on the sheet. In this case, the solution seems to be the reintroduction of the checkboxes.

Quote:
The only request I could give is possibly a tan background option?
This is quite possibly the best suggestion I've seen!

The tan background would look great online, but would kill toner cartridges left and right. Is the print function separate from display? Printing is my only reservation about the tan background implementation.

Yes, the styling for print is absolutely different than display. When you print a sheet a bunch of stuff goes away, including the nav bar, the grey background, page borders, etc. Try it out with a print preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmingSatyr View Post
I don't know if this falls under autocalc, but the button to auto-fill skills stops at Appraise
Fixed!