Issue Four: Do You Believe In Magic?

Bubbles gets close to the other heroes and whispers "I think we are not alone! ever since our meeting with Dr Strange I feel as if we are being followed, be on guard my friends" Then Bubbles launches a bubble at the portal to help keep others out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackNslash (Radical Warrior)
Rad will attempt to keep the imps busy by blowing the snowballs back at them with gusts of wind. If they seem to be spreading out he will try to push them back into a group with the wind.
Numerous excited “Eeps!” are emitted as the throng scatters under the unexpected return of their last missile barrage. The ensuing chaos prevents the creatures from being able to mount a follow-up attack before a gust of wind gathers them up and deposits them in front of the iced-over portal, which is now growing darker…

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastline (Bubbles)
…Bubbles launches a bubble at the portal to help keep others out!
Encasing the iced over portal in a shimmering pink transparent bubble, Bubbles adds another layer of protection to the already secured portal, possibly just in time, too, as the ice plug seems to be melting…from the other side…

After a few short moments, the ice plug fragments and many more imps come spilling out. This time, however, they are contained within the pink bubble, eventually filling it so it appears as a floating ball of mini red devils.

From somewhere behind you, in the direction from which you left Dr. Strange, you hear…or feel…a quick, concussive pulse. Moments later, a wall of transparent blue force washes over and past you, leaving you in place, but destroying the Bubbles’ force field and forcing all the creatures back into the rift.

Seconds later, the portal shrinks, eventually disappearing with a “POP”.

You are still wiping the snow off yourselves as Dr. Strange approaches the team.

"That was...most unusual," Blackbird says as he attempts to remove a little more smushed snow from his chest. Countless more flakes, many partly-melted, decorate his hair, legs and back - perhaps it was the number of snowballs he 'caught,' or perhaps it's just his dark skin and black costume showing the flakes to better effect. "At a vague guess, I would have thought that most invading dimensional beings would display a little more aggression than that - although that is perhaps not the most charitable of thoughts. Still, when one is called in and expects trouble on a large scale..."

The man shrugs easily, then goes on. "These creatures appeared almost...playful? Childlike?"

Bubbles goes back to Dr Strange and says "What is really going on here? That seemed a little over kill for all of us to handle, is there more to this than you are letting on?" as Bubbles speaks he continues to peer over his shoulder as if someone else is there!

Maelstrom looks this new fellow over and asks, Where you just flying over the city a minute ago? I swear I just saw you flying ...."

His question is addressed to Blackbird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam (Blackbird)
"That was...most unusual," Blackbird says as he attempts to remove a little more smushed snow from his chest. "At a vague guess, I would have thought that most invading dimensional beings would display a little more aggression than that - although that is perhaps not the most charitable of thoughts. Still, when one is called in and expects trouble on a large scale..."
The man shrugs easily, then goes on. "These creatures appeared almost...playful? Childlike?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastline (Bubbles)
Bubbles goes back to Dr Strange and says "What is really going on here? That seemed a little over kill for all of us to handle, is there more to this than you are letting on?"
Dr. Strange looks slightly taken aback by what you are implying and stammers for a moment before continuing. "I contacted you simply because you were nearby...and I believed you would be able to occupy the creatures while I worked out a way to send them back and close the portal."
Bubbles continues to eye Stephen Strange suspiciously. It would, of course, have much more dramatic effect if he were not shaped and colored like a huge beach ball.
"...But I see you remain unconvinced", Strange continues, "...and you are right to be so. I brought you here on purpose, I admit; this was no chance meeting. I wanted to meet you in person and observe your abilities and...more importantly...your character...for a vision has revealed itself to me of your group being involved as key players in an upcoming crisis...a crisis which you have already alluded to." Strange gestures towards EnergyStar when he says "you". "Thus, I wished to meet you...and evaluate your preparedness for what may lie ahead."

Feeling singled out by his gesture she uncomfortably says, "What I alluded to? I have been throwing a lot of ideas around. Can you be a little more specific?"

Rad stands back quietly thinking to himself "Maybe time in a federal prison isnt such a bad idea after all. At least I get a break.....Will this calamity ever end..........I wish i had that scientific american swimsuit edition with me................Get out of my head you people...it's like my thought are appearing in bubbles over my head with fancy lettering...........are....are...people from another dimension reading my mind like its some kind of story.....hmmmmmm maybe I could propose that theory to Hank......nah...he already thinks i'm crazy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tila View Post
Feeling singled out by his gesture she uncomfortably says, "What I alluded to? I have been throwing a lot of ideas around. Can you be a little more specific?"
"I caught your television appearance the other day, where you mentioned encountering Thanos. The Avengers...that is, your predeccessors...and I have encountered this being before. His powers are incredible and he has an insane infatuation with death. Attempting to divine what I could about his presence here, I recieved an image of this very team...which is astounding considering many of you have not known each other for very long...but somehow, I feel your destinies are entwined with his appearance here...although I'm not certain I know precisely how or why.
Having faced him before my services are, of course, at the Avengers disposal should he appear again."

That's not very helpful, three of you think to yourselves, since we aren't Avengers...

Blackbird has the odd feeling of having come in late to a conversation. Who is this Thanos person?

"I must caution each of...when you encounter this being again, do not underestimate him. I will be working on divinations that will alert me when he appears again..."

CUT SCENE

The large glass ball we saw before sits on a table. Inside of the ball, we see an image of Dr. Strange adressing the heroes, with everyone standing in the exact same position they were in in the last panel.
"...so that I may assit you", Dr. Strange finishes.
The Man-In-The-Green-Fez walks around the table, circling behind the glass ball who's internal visage has already begun to fade.
"...fool...", he mumbles to himself. "You will be of no help to them..."

END CUT SCENE

RETRO CUT SCENE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag View Post
Maelstrom looks this new fellow over and asks, Where you just flying over the city a minute ago? I swear I just saw you flying ...."

His question is addressed to Blackbird.
The black-garbed African-American turns to regard Maelstrom, for the first time looking at the...man?...in detail. "Yes, I believe that would have been me. Flight has been my preferred method of transport since I entered the Air Force, and remains even more so now."

END RETRO CUT SCENE

Blackbird looks from Doctor Strange to Energystar, both of whom he knows by reputation at least, and then back to Doctor Strange. "Did I end up on the wrong side of that dimensional portal, or am I just missing significant pieces of this puzzle? This is the first time I have been within fifty feet of any Avenger team, let alone this current group, which would be...the Buffalo team, correct?"

The latter question is directed at Energystar.