Word Play Contest - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Word Play Contest

I say, and not that i will participate but i do have a good idea for a contest. The idea i have and im sure many others will also find interesting is one that i have found to be a great part of reading what other Weavers have posted. First you set a simple scene, and i do mean very simple, if it was an in combat action it would probably count as a free action, well i guess a standard action would probably work the same. You set the scene, simply like, Pulling a sword from its sheath or even getting up off of a tavern bar stool.

The scenes could be anything, the idea for the contest is to see who can write the most elongated and descriptive post about such a simple action.

hmmm, sound interesting?
edit: not sure if this was the right place for this idea, but i figured it would hold value with consideration of the last post's comment

edit: didn't realize there was so many pages, was referring to this post's comment.

We've got the list cut down a bit and have set up the voting!

Here is the link: http://www.opavote.org/vote/4823006345953280

I've got a link on that page to each of the submissions. Simply drag your picks to the top of your list in order of your preference and cast your ballot!

Well, I decided to put down a post of mine I liked at the last minute. Go team multiple-personality changelings.

Wow, I made the cut? Yay!

There's some pretty excellent wordplay going on, not to mention some nice prose and poetry. It kind of makes me wish I'd done something specifically for the contest, but the character I submitted makes up so many words that I figured I'd have something worthwhile eventually.

I am torn between Finkle and Quixotico... given that they are both in the same game, it must be a crazy campaign they are playing in Unfortunately, the fancier stuff are probably lost on me, given that I am not a native speaker...

Good luck everyone!

Well, over here in europe it's winner day. Good luck to everyone, and may the most frabalicious wordtwister win this wordical joust.

So I go to do my civic duty and vote... and there's one of my posts! I had no idea it was even submitted!

Some of them are quite excellent. There are several whom I wouldn't mind finishing in second place just behind me.

Good luck to all...