What do I do now? - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

What do I do now?

I'll see if I can get a referral. I'm due down the doctor's for a check-up of the feminine variety. Just received that reminder in the post on Friday but couldn't do a thing about it as family were due at that very moment for a BBQ to celebrate the old man's birthday.

It could be stress but I think it's worth ruling out other sources..... stress is often caused by other things (pain is a good one for that) and I'm of the school of "destroy the root cause". Now to try and get through to book the appointment.

Wow this thread got long. I stopped reading after half of page one. but all I wanted to say was.

Greyfield makes very good points. But Carnas is a woman yes? So lashing out at people for no reason fits her chromosomes, Right?

LOL...Sorry bad joke. Carnas it is good you sought help for this advice. I have one idea that I don't think has been mentioned. Follow the mods and "SOME" of Greyfield's advice. But also buy your nerds some soda/pop or snacks/food as a way of apology. It will help smooth things over I think.

EDIT-I suffer from Corneal Migraines. I get migraines but they happen in my eyes. Mine are minor and 2-6 Excedrin take care of them within 5 hours. But sometimes I get them pretty bad. I just like to lay in a hot tub, I wish I owned one, in the dark and have it be quiet.

I buy the snacks every week so that won't make much of a difference.

OK this thread has had it's run and in fact it's ran on further than it really should have. I'm surprised a mod hasn't locked this yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMorganes View Post
The eventual fix came from a chiropractor friend of mine. Apparently she was all kinds of out of alignment. The frequency of headaches dropped immediately after her first session, and they were 100% gone after the third. It boiled down, as he explained it to me, to her body being in a constant state of "fight or flight" and the biological stress of that was doing Very Bad Things to her entire physiology.

Carnas: it may make sense to at least speak to a chiropractor and see if that my help you with your migraines.
Stress can be a huge source of pain and discomfort, and given the stress in Carnas' life, no wonder she gets migraines. Basically, what we're all saying boils down to is: find a way to relax.

As I said: TL;DR.

However, I agree entirely with you. Stress sucks, and does amazingly horrid things to the human body, particularly over extended periods of time. I wasn't implying anyone's advice wasn't sound (In fact, yours does seem spot-on); I was merely sharing what worked for my family's run-in with really bad headaches.

Carnas' mileage may vary
CMMV; I only play a doctor on teh Interwebz; continued exposure may cause hair loss, rash, and irritability.

I forgot to mention the lack of privacy as well. Guess I'm just used to everyone walking in my room without knocking on the closed door that it's become normal to me. I know that if I try and talk about it (no matter how rationally), it'll just get dismissed as "exaggerating" or "not important" or get given some horror story like just about every other thing I've brought up.

Wonder if that's an exacerbating feature to my being psychotic. Nah. If I was truly psychotic, the counsellor or someone from that place would have gotten back to me long before now. It's been nearly a month and several phone calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnas View Post
I forgot to mention the lack of privacy as well. Guess I'm just used to everyone walking in my room without knocking on the closed door that it's become normal to me. I know that if I try and talk about it (no matter how rationally), it'll just get dismissed as "exaggerating" or "not important" or get given some horror story like just about every other thing I've brought up.

Wonder if that's an exacerbating feature to my being psychotic. Nah. If I was truly psychotic, the counsellor or someone from that place would have gotten back to me long before now. It's been nearly a month and several phone calls.
Most likely, yes. Lack of validation is only going to make mental health problems worse, not better. It won't necessarily exacerbate psychotic symptoms, but it will make you feel worse and act out more. And I second the motion to give Carnas a hug. *HUG!*