Ship Sheet - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Ship Sheet

Ship Sheet

Does anyone know of a good sheet for Starships in Gurps? I need somewhere to store the info and I was hoping for something better than a text file.

Are you using the rules from the GURPS Spaceships PDF series, the GURPS Traveller: Interstellar Wars setting and rules, or something else?

Well, that's the point, though: they're very different. It's as if you're asking for a good generic character sheet when there are multiple rules sets to generate PCs with radically different types of stats.

Well I am assuming that the rules are both compatible with the Standard GURPS character system. I have not done anything related to ships yet but have access to both books through a friend so I can use either set of rules going forward. Which do you recommend?

From what I have flipped through it seems that it is similar to Rogue Trader in the way that you build your ship from a list of components. I have not had the chance to read it all yet though.

GURPS Spaceships is more generic, though that also makes it vague enough in some ways that some don't like it.

Interstellar Wars is more specific, but that means it gets tied into the tech assumptions, etc. for the Traveller roleplaying universe.

Spaceships is probably the best choice for most purposes -- and comes with a standard textual format for a ship's write-up, which presumably answers that question.

Well I am playing in aa universe pretty much of my own creation, though most f the Tech and a lot of the themes are lifted from Science Fiction that my players enjoy. Most of the ships will be created as just game-play structured versions of ships from Television or Movie series and images I found online.

I would prefer something with some set up mechanics to it though I might just keep ship combat Role Play Based.

GURPS Spaceships it is, then. The base book has all the construction rules; follow-on volumes (all in PDF) have examples, rules for specific situations, and a couple of differently-focused combat systems.