Quick questions and answers - Page 450 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

3.5e
When you make a full attack, can you make the attacks against different targets, even if your initial target has not died?

If you cannot, is there a feat that allows you to do so?

ok this is gonna sound a little newbish but when a game uses the term E# (E6,E7,E8) what exactly is the E?

@Methin: Are you sure they aren't referring to a map? People typically label maps like Excel charts. A-Z across the top columns, 1-100 down the rows to the left. They may be referring to their movements, such as a chess board.

i.e. Headbanging Rock Giant Shredding a Nuclear Powered Guitar from F2 to E6.

I think that's what he was asking about. Although, I've heard of E6 and E8 but never E7 so maybe that's not it. I never knew the E was supposed to stand for Epic though. Not that it really matters what the E stands for, as long as you know the ruleset E6 refers to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roi View Post
3.5e
When you make a full attack, can you make the attacks against different targets, even if your initial target has not died?

If you cannot, is there a feat that allows you to do so?
Expanding on Tedronai's response, even when you take a Full Attack action, you're technically supposed to resolve one attack at a time. This is because you're allowed to stop in the middle of your attack any time you wish, or switch targets (assuming the new target doesn't require you to move in order to hit them). You can even take a 5-foot step between attacks on a Full Attack action, assuming you still qualify for a 5-foot step that turn.

Mutants and Masterminds 2e:

Okay. Container. Theoretically, the difference between Active and Passive is obvious. But how would you determine the difference of what should be Active and what Passive?

Specifically, concerning this type:
Quote:
Container 3 “Automail Limbs” (Drawbacks: Power Loss [unless right arm and/or left leg is used; Very common, Minor; -3pp], Vulnerability [magnetic attacks; Uncommon, Moderate; -2pp]; 10pp)

Automail Limbs (15pp total)
Shield 8 (8pp)
AP: Strike 6 (Power Feats: Improved Critical, Mighty; 1pp)
AP: Strike 3 (Extra: Penetrating [+1]; Power Feats: Mighty 2; 1pp)
Super-Strength 2 (Heavy Load: 700 lbs.; Power Feat: Countering Punch; 5pp)

ok thanks guys, i have never done the Epic 6 rules in RL. i have heard of them, but never seen them in practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khakhan View Post
Mutants and Masterminds 2e:

Okay. Container. Theoretically, the difference between Active and Passive is obvious. But how would you determine the difference of what should be Active and what Passive?
If a power requires an action to use (blast), it is active. If it does not (protection), it is passive. Any container that contains both active and passive effects is considered active.