Some New Roleplaying System - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Some New Roleplaying System

Some New Roleplaying System

Oh hey guys, Imp's coming up with a new role playing system meant to cover all genres. The name right now is RPGHAG - This Role Playing Game Has All the Genres.

Another is ImpRP - or improved roleplaying, or imp fireball's RP system. So tell me which dumb acronym you're the most fond of.
----

Links for content that needs honest review and critique

Brainstorm Version
Clarity Version
Surges.

Character Sheet

----

It'd really help me out, thanks.

What does your system offer that existing ones don't? Nothing, that I can see. A flexible system that fits all genres has been done many times. Nor do you offer any new mechanical twists that would make me want to try a new system as opposed to a tried-and-true one.

Are you trying to make a system because you don't know of one that fits a certain need of yours? Or are you just creating a system for the sake of creating a system?

@Cam and Zela,

I said the same thing. I'm pretty sure he just wants to create a system to say he did.

Personally I applaud someone's efforts at any creative endeavor simply because they are doing something they enjoy, although I agree that it's about as practical a thing to do as playing in a cover band when the original band is still touring. Even still, if my buddy plays in a Metallica cover band, I'll be happy because it makes him happy

@Imp, I wouldn't recommend either because neither rolls off the tongue very well.

the 'Clarity Version' link doesn't seem to be working for me
or rather, it directs to a google docs sign-in page rather than anything actually pertaining to an rpg (possibly a permissions issue?)

Why not get rid of the first acronym's "Has" and change "All" to "Multiple" to call it RPGMG? rpHAG in an acronym doesn't work, and if removing the H only it ends up as RPGAG; like oh my Gods; gag me with a D20!

@Tedronai You need a google docs account to view. The permission is Public but only after you sign into goggle.

@impfireball Keep up the good work. Creating a new system if difficult and I applaud your effort. I have created systems before but never really bothered to post anything.