Gibberish Language Tags - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Gibberish Language Tags

Gibberish Language Tags

Hey mods! Thanks for all the great tools we have on MW...

(Of course this presages a request!)

We have these super-nifty language tags. Is there any way a "gibberish option" could be added?

I see where you can add your own gibberish: [lang=Language]Optional Text; Speech[/lang]

Is there any way you could set it up to just transpose letters randomly if you select a certain option?
Something like: [lang=Language;Faking it]Speech[/lang]

No. Not sure that a scrambler or substituter would really have the desired effect. Random text is pretty ugly.

If you want to just give some random thing for your players to read, go to Google Translator and just choose a language that is not close to English and that you know your players don't speak, and simply translate the actual phrase. You could even get creative and use certain real-life languages for the imaginary ones, like always using Norwegian for Elvish, German for Dwarvish, or whatever you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
Ahhhhhhhh just a sec...I know there's a tool around here...

AHA!

Risus Monkey's Fantasy Language Cypher

Would it be possible to get in touch with Risus Monkey and utilize this?
As far as I can tell, the answer is no (which is to say I can find no contact info on his blog, not that I wouldn't contact him and ask if I could find a way to contact him)

As for zalgo....Not sure handing out the ability to insert your own alt codes is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinous View Post
At the very bottom of the page: Risus Monkey ©2005-2011 by Tim Ballew. The name is a mailto of risusmonkey@gmail.com
Well he didn't say no off the bat, so let's see.

The Risus gibberish translator has bee set up. Format is

[rlang=language;translator_set]what your character says[/rlang]

At the moment we only have one translation set, anyone that wants another needs to provide me 2kb of nonsense text.

In other words, for now use
[rlang=language]what your character says[/rlang]

People that wanted this should now test it, let me know how it goes.