Plans to add 13th Age? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Plans to add 13th Age?

Plans to add 13th Age?

As I'm sure at least some of you know, 13th Age is a new RPG based on the D20 system, which is set to be released next year. However, for anyone who's preordered it, and has downloaded the preview of the beta, it's in a state that's playable. Are there any plans to add 13th Age as a subweave, or at least make a character sheet for it? I know I'm excited, and I'm hoping other people here are too.

My suspicions are that if it's anything like 5th Edition, then there won't be any actions taken until it's officially released. I don't know for certain, but for now it seems that you'll have to be in the same boat as 5th Edition players: find other 13th Age players who also have the rules and go from there.

Well, that's not surprising, but I wanted to make sure that it's on the rader since it looks to be a good system.

FYI: Adding as a subweave: 5 minutes. Adding a sheet: 5 weeks. Subweave is the "at least" part, not the sheet.

Well, I'm not exactly with an expert with programming, though I did know that sheets are a pain(part of the reason I'm inquiring now as opposed to when it's released). It's the type of thing where I'd totally offer to make up the sheet if I knew how, but that's not really a part of my skill set.

It's honestly not enough even to be a programmer. There's a gigantic difference between the kind of programming that handles a database connection, figures out permissions, and coalesces data, and the kind required to lay out a character sheet. It's not only using different programming languages and tools, but entirely different mindsets and mental models and skills. It's so different, that at work the senior programmers come to me for front-end stuff because it's not as strong a skill for them, and to totally shift gears and modes of thinking has an overhead that will set them back too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroc View Post
As I'm sure at least some of you know, 13th Age is a new RPG based on the D20 system, which is set to be released next year. However, for anyone who's preordered it, and has downloaded the preview of the beta, it's in a state that's playable. Are there any plans to add 13th Age as a subweave, or at least make a character sheet for it? I know I'm excited, and I'm hoping other people here are too.
Actually, I should be arriving before Chrismas if I remember. The supplement just funded through KS is next year.

Also, with the prerelease, a fully editable character sheet comes as a PDF with purchase. I don't know if that could be transferable to the site, but I thought it might as well be pointed out.