Wonder Woman - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Wonder Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchslasher View Post
New Trailer Dropped. Looks pretty good in terms of the action sequences and stuff, though Gadot's delivery of her lines seemed a little odd to me for some reason. Not sure if she's trying to do an accent or what.

Blocking bullets with bracers is so f*cking cool.

I gotta admit... the first trailer, I was pretty ambivalent on, but this one has me enthused. It's coming across more as a "war story with superpowers", rather than the trash most of the superhero movies of late have been spewing out... and this is a thing I approve of. Supers as a setting, rather than a genre.

It establishes motive of the main character ("beloved peasant village burned to the ground" isn't exactly an original plot, but it's better than we had), it shows she's more than just a tool, it does everything a trailer should do, and it looked good doing it. Still god awful trailer music, but I've given up hope that'll go away any time soon.

The line delivery is... well... yeah. It's pretty wooden, but that is something we seem to be stuck with for the time being. I think it's what this era's movies are going to be known for, in the way 80s movies are known for making fun of big business, 90s movies are known for stupid costumes, and the 2000s are known for constant brooding.

The 2010s will be known for acting so serious that it's completely unnatural. And crap music.

It looks better than Batman vs Superman. That isn't saying much. But the trailer and WW's appearance in Batman vs Superman has given me hope that the DC movies will improve.