Anime / Manga - Page 127 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

One thing I learned in the comments section, of the new season, is that the last 8 episodes of the first season of Blue Exorcist didn't happen in the manga so the new season is pretending they never happened, so Rin is still barely tolerated by anyone, even his "friends".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veradux View Post
KonoSuba season 2 is already looking to be just as good as the first, so hopefully that keeps up. I saw some people complaining that the art was a step down from season 1, but it seemed more like they were embracing the rough style for additional effect.
Okay, I finally got around to actually watching the episode, and I have to say. I thought it was pretty ugly, too. There were times when it was obviously distortion for comedic effect, but there were tons of shots where there was no real use for the off-model characters, they just looked horribly wrong. Maybe they were embracing the ugly, it's entirely possible, but the end result for me was still that it looked ugly, not that it looked hilarious like a lot of the really low animation or off model for laughs shots from, say, Kill la Kill.

The episode was still lots of fun. The show is so silly that it won't stop me from watching it. But I do hope it gets better as they go...

Anyone else shocked at the fact that the Nekopara OVA was fully funded in less than a day, and reached double it's original run time in less than two weeks, and reached just under $1,000,000 in their full two-month run?

With similar success to Little Witch Academia, is the process of "build initial hype, release kickstarter, profit" going to become common in anime?

I got a Crunchyroll free trial and watched a bunch of new stuff and now I'm bummed out because there's no season three of Log Horizon in sight, Konosuba season 2 only has one more episode, and Kiznaiver and Sakamoto Desu Ga are only twelve episodes long.

...I was trying not to think about the fact that KonoSuba only has one episode left. ;_;

Maybe try Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon? Or Overlord if you haven't watched that one (and it's available on Crunchyroll; I don't have an active subscription myself). The second season for the latter just got announced, which I was happy to hear.

12 episodes is pretty average for most anime nowadays, though. Unless it gets multiple seasons or is one of the super long-running shows (Detective Conan, One Piece, Naruto, Precure, etc).

I know it's not unusual. It's just disappointing because they were both really great. Though I don't really know how they could have made a full season out of either. I'm really bummed about Log Horizon though. Konosuba getting a third season wouldn't be surprising with how short they are and how generally appealing the show seems to be. Log Horizon on the other hand is much more niche, is already pretty low budget, and the author is a convicted tax evader now. So considering how stuffy and conformist Japanese society is it's really hard to imagine people willingly having anything to do with the show now... And it's my favorite new show too. DX

Hell, even if we don't get more Konosuba we're bound to get more Megumin right?

I hope so. Megumin best girl.

The Log Horizon light novels are being released in English now. I don't... think... they've quite caught up to where the anime left off of (unlike DanMachi, which I'm hoping next season's Sword Oratoria will do well enough for them to consider a second season of the mainline story because holy crap it gears up after where the anime left off), but I've been enjoying them immensely. It's entertaining enough not to be bothersome to reread events I'm already privy to.

So, I know it's not really anime, but like Avatar: The Last Airbender, I think Samurai Jack falls pretty squarely into most anime fans' realm of interest.

Did anyone else see the first episode of the new season this weekend? I just watched it myself and I have to say that I'm both relieved and excited to see future episodes. Everything I liked about the original Samurai Jack is still there and they're picking up on a lore thread I was always hoping they would.

So, yeah, I'm pretty optimistic about where this series is heading. If you guys haven't watched the show before I would definitely recommend it. Personally, I marathoned the whole thing before the new season started, to refresh my memory and see any episodes I may have missed during its original run.

They've had some pretty gorey scenes with their robots though. XD I need to watch that show again some time so I can catch any references in the new show.

I just started reading Tokio Ghoul yesterday and despite lacking action for my tasting (at least in the first 15 chapters) I really did dig me in.
I've already seen the pictures of Ken with white hair. Does the tone change drastically?

And everything just because I was searching for a picture of my harbinger.