1. Uninstall. Go back to the best Fallout; New Vegas.
Originally Posted by Flinch
2. Then again, you like your power trips, so you might enjoy doing just that quite a bit.
3. Compared to New Vegas, the game will seem like it came at it half-heartedly, and many things that are there simply make no sense at all (I'm looking at you, Little Lamplight).
1. I have almost 500 hours in New Vegas. I need a small break from it for now.
2. Yeah, in the first 2 hours I've already nuked megaton, gone to paradise falls, and started slapping collars on people. I'm breaking away from my normal "does what's best for the wasteland" character for someone a little more psycho and evil.
Basically in this PC's mind, there's three types of women. Women he needs free and alive to complete quests, women who he slaps slave collars on, and woman who die before he can slap slave collars on them. Of course sometimes a fourth type of woman appears, a woman who's quest is done and now he's free to slap slave collars on. There's a reason I named him "Elijah".
Also he'll instantly turn on you if he demands more money but fails the speech check. Give him more money and he'll do the job, but if you deny him a pay raise......the only reason he nuked Megaton, is that Burke promised him the extra 500 caps, and the mayor didn't.
Power trip doesn't begin to describe it. Of course he's still going to not poison the water supply. "But Eden, if I poison the water, and kill all the people, who will I enslave?" Murdering everyone is too Good for him, he wants them to truly suffer, the nuke was just too ironic and delicious to pass up, and well, Burke did pay well and he needed the money.
3. Yeah, but since when has that stopped me from enjoying dumb stuff? Saints Row fan here, and a good 70% of Saints Row 4 makes no sense.
Ultimately I'm thinking this character is suppose to be the most evil man in the wasteland. Caesar wanted to build a stable society although one where he was a god. The Dead Money Elijah wanted revenge and ultimately to live alone in a quiet world.
This man is designed to be almost a parody of evil. He's evil taken to a cartoonist extreme, to the point it almost crosses the line. The reason he targets females more than males, isn't because of any gender role, but rather to get a reaction, he acts that way simply because people consider it more evil to enslave women. He does it solely to make people think 'he is evil'. He's an 80's Saturday morning cartoon super-villain. When the guy who wrote the 'draconian' laws, and decided death was punishment for everything because 'he couldn't think of a worse punishment', this guy didn't exist. He will only kill you if he decides you're not worth his time to make suffer, too dangerous to be left alive and kicking, or if you've broken to the point where you're no longer fun to torment, like Lord Soth. You're no longer fun to torment, so he ends your life, because you no longer amuse him.
One person on youtube who did an analysis of Fallout 4 argued that the raider groups in Nuka-world are broken down into the three types of raiders "Caps, Chems, Killing". Raiders want money, or they're so drugged out they're psycho, or they just like murder and torment.
He falls into the third category. I'll probably bust this guy out again for my Fallout 4 run when I side with the raiders while doing Nuka-world.