Help with making GURPS Characters - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Help with making GURPS Characters

Help with making GURPS Characters

If you have a question, please ask. I will explain if I can or someone else that knows how will.

I have a question re Contact Group. Are the multipliers for the modifiers applied one at a time? Or are they first added together, and then applied to the base cost?

The Modifiers section states that when the modifiers are percentage based, they are first added together and then applied. But the Contact Group mods are given as multiples of whole numbers...does this make a difference?

according to the GCA.. each level is taken as is.

effective skill 12. 1 point
always available x3 3 points
completely reliable x3 9 points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverthorne View Post
according to the GCA.. each level is taken as is.

effective skill 12. 1 point
always available x3 3 points
completely reliable x3 9 points
And this is in conformity with the rules? The rule for additive modifiers does not apply here?

additive modifiers are where a trait says +n%, if it says xn then it multiplies. multiplicative modifiers are a whole different ball of wax for when you combine enhancements and limitations.

How well do you grok Powers, silveroak? I'm still trying to wrap my brain around them, from psionics to supers.

Specifically - you buy a power, then you buy a skill with the power, or maybe more than one skill? Is that correct? And if there are skills, you can buy a talent to improve them all at once?

Powers use advantages as abilities, not skills. When you buy a power, you get all its abilities. Talents, on the other hand, are different.

Normal talents improve your skills. Power talents improve your abilities that have a success roll. For example, laser beams shooting out your eyes have an attack roll. If the ability does not have a success roll, the the talent does not help.