This week in video games... - Page 495 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

Uh...pardon? I only understand the last uh....shortform.

Googled it.

Quote:
Fallout 3 Wanderers Edition (FWE) is a major overhaul mod for Fallout 3 that changes underlying game mechanics and adds new features to the game.
Quote:
Tale of Two Wastelands (TTW) is a project to merge Fallout 3 into Fallout New Vegas.

Thanks....

I wonder if they're going to make Mr. Burke working for Caesar.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Goddess View Post
Alright, I think I'm finally ready to get off my rear and try Fallout 3. Any suggestions for mods before I begin?
Uninstall. Go back to the best Fallout; New Vegas.

You're going to learn very quickly that difficulty is a joke in F3, especially once you get power armor. If you manage to get a DKS-501 out of Operation Anchorage (awesome little glitch that allows you to pull out nearly infinite ammo and weapons that'll never really deteriorate without having to use console commands), you can just use the thing as a battle rifle and obliterate any sense of difficulty in the game. And, mind you, you can rush to do Anchorage and get there by level 3, and you'll gain about 7-9 levels if you do it on the highest difficulty (which is surprisingly easy if you use the DKS-501 and learn to account for the weapon's sway). The set of Winterized T-51b Power Armor also has near-infinite durability, and the DLC gives you Power Armor Training upon completion. It is pretty funny to accumulate over 53,000 rounds of ammunition for 5.56x45mm for free.

Then again, you like your power trips, so you might enjoy doing just that quite a bit. Since the easiest DLC (which is doable right out the gate) gives you the best armor in the game (somehow, the Advanced Power Armor Mk II, which is stated to be superior to the Mk I, both of which were stated to be superior to the T-51b armor in Fallout 2, has less armor. Even the Advanced Power Armor Mk II - Hellfire Variant is weaker than an armor nearly 210 years older than it), it removes a LOT of challenge. Even bypassing it, the only time the game starts to REALLY get hard is at higher levels where the game throws Feral Ghoul Reavers at you, who have WAY too many hit points and deal too much damage to you for you to effectively fight off with any companion other than Fawkes and have them survive. That, and Point Lookout has enemies that have weapons that do additional damage that bypasses your armor; said effect does not work when you use it.

Compared to New Vegas, the game will seem like it came at it half-heartedly, and many things that are there simply make no sense at all (I'm looking at you, Little Lamplight).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Uninstall. Go back to the best Fallout; New Vegas.

You're going to learn very quickly that difficulty is a joke in F3, especially once you get power armor. If you manage to get a DKS-501 out of Operation Anchorage (awesome little glitch that allows you to pull out nearly infinite ammo and weapons that'll never really deteriorate without having to use console commands), you can just use the thing as a battle rifle and obliterate any sense of difficulty in the game.
If you want difficulty, you could just not cheese it and go through a blind playthrough the first time. It's one of my favorite RPGs (admittedly a crowded list), and though I do like New Vegas more I think both are well worth a playthrough.

No experience with Fallout 3 mods though, but I wish you fun and a good game.

Quote:
1. Uninstall. Go back to the best Fallout; New Vegas.

2. Then again, you like your power trips, so you might enjoy doing just that quite a bit.

3. Compared to New Vegas, the game will seem like it came at it half-heartedly, and many things that are there simply make no sense at all (I'm looking at you, Little Lamplight).
1. I have almost 500 hours in New Vegas. I need a small break from it for now.

2. Yeah, in the first 2 hours I've already nuked megaton, gone to paradise falls, and started slapping collars on people. I'm breaking away from my normal "does what's best for the wasteland" character for someone a little more psycho and evil.

Basically in this PC's mind, there's three types of women. Women he needs free and alive to complete quests, women who he slaps slave collars on, and woman who die before he can slap slave collars on them. Of course sometimes a fourth type of woman appears, a woman who's quest is done and now he's free to slap slave collars on. There's a reason I named him "Elijah".

Also he'll instantly turn on you if he demands more money but fails the speech check. Give him more money and he'll do the job, but if you deny him a pay raise......the only reason he nuked Megaton, is that Burke promised him the extra 500 caps, and the mayor didn't.

Power trip doesn't begin to describe it. Of course he's still going to not poison the water supply. "But Eden, if I poison the water, and kill all the people, who will I enslave?" Murdering everyone is too Good for him, he wants them to truly suffer, the nuke was just too ironic and delicious to pass up, and well, Burke did pay well and he needed the money.

3. Yeah, but since when has that stopped me from enjoying dumb stuff? Saints Row fan here, and a good 70% of Saints Row 4 makes no sense.

Ultimately I'm thinking this character is suppose to be the most evil man in the wasteland. Caesar wanted to build a stable society although one where he was a god. The Dead Money Elijah wanted revenge and ultimately to live alone in a quiet world.

This man is designed to be almost a parody of evil. He's evil taken to a cartoonist extreme, to the point it almost crosses the line. The reason he targets females more than males, isn't because of any gender role, but rather to get a reaction, he acts that way simply because people consider it more evil to enslave women. He does it solely to make people think 'he is evil'. He's an 80's Saturday morning cartoon super-villain. When the guy who wrote the 'draconian' laws, and decided death was punishment for everything because 'he couldn't think of a worse punishment', this guy didn't exist. He will only kill you if he decides you're not worth his time to make suffer, too dangerous to be left alive and kicking, or if you've broken to the point where you're no longer fun to torment, like Lord Soth. You're no longer fun to torment, so he ends your life, because you no longer amuse him.

One person on youtube who did an analysis of Fallout 4 argued that the raider groups in Nuka-world are broken down into the three types of raiders "Caps, Chems, Killing". Raiders want money, or they're so drugged out they're psycho, or they just like murder and torment.

He falls into the third category. I'll probably bust this guy out again for my Fallout 4 run when I side with the raiders while doing Nuka-world.

Don't be a slaver. Not saying that out of morality, but because an enemy you "enslave" will no longer spawn. You can make farming raiders nearly impossible as a result.

The Chinese stealth armour from anchorage was great. Creep around with that sniping with Lincoln's repeater = win.

Quote:
Don't be a slaver. Not saying that out of morality, but because an enemy you "enslave" will no longer spawn. You can make farming raiders nearly impossible as a result.
Wait so you're telling me, I can basically stop random raider encounters if I just simply lock enough of them up?

Also why would I want to "Farm" raiders, when I have the anchorage armor and weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber_Goddess View Post
He falls into the third category. I'll probably bust this guy out again for my Fallout 4 run when I side with the raiders while doing Nuka-world.
>Implying that you can get off of FO4's railroaded story and quests