Anime / Manga - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

Anime / Manga

I've been out on youtube looking for good anime. So far I've made it through most of Naruto and Legend of the Four Kings. I just started Cowboy Bebop. I haven't finished Gundam Wing yet. Sword of the Stranger has one of the best sword fights I've ever seen. Anyone have a good recommendation?

I'm no connoisseur; nor am I certain I am matching the genre correctly but I liked Ninja Scroll and all of the Studio Ghibli films I've seen.

Fate/Zero is pretty good. If you liked Sword of the Stranger, then you will love some of the fight scenes in Fate/Zero.

What genre do you like best? Action, Romance, Comedy, Romantic-Comedy, Drama, or various other genre?

I favor action. I'm having a tough time with Radical Edward on Cowboy Bebop. She is a just too over the top for me. It's tough to ignore her. Drama would be good too. I tried the Host club the crossdressing girl posing as a boy was too much for me. Maybe I just need to ease into the humor / comedy.

You might take a look at Code Geass (and if you like that, you might also check out Durarara, which is less action, but more drama). Of course, there's always the classics like Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho, if you like the heavy shounen type of stuff. Hunter x Hunter got a remake in 2011 that's currently ongoing (though you can still watch the original series, if you'd prefer). It's not an anime, but you should really watch Avatar: The Last Airbender. If you like the idea of more realism in your shows, you could look into Hajime no Ippo, which is a boxing anime.

One Piece, Fairy Tail and Bleach are all really popular, but they may be too "over the top" for your taste.

Unfortunately, I'm not really versed in action/adventure anime. I watch a lot of Slice of Life and Psychological stuff.

I own the Last Airbender on DVD. It was truly a good series even my wife liked it. I haven't been watching the Legend of Korra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima22689 View Post
Try Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann
I'm not entirely sure he'd like Gurren Lagann. It gets a little... Evangalion-ish sometimes. Especially toward the end.