Hearthstone - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Hearthstone

Hearthstone

Any Hearthstone players in here? I just picked it up last night, and its not a bad way to kill some time.

For those who haven't heard of it, it is a simplified version of MtG. I like the mechanics quite a bit. Mana comes in regular as clockwork, one per turn, and your creatures can attack either the player or the player's minions at will. Also, damage sticks.

If anyone remembers the card game Warlord, its a little like MtG fused with that, and then run through Blizzards simplification engine that they use to make just about anything accessible.

Best of all, its free to play, with card purchases being optional for casual players.

I'd be interested in trading some Blizzard names around, especially for players who don't intend to buy card packs but instead improve via play.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/

I play it more often than I should, but not as often as I'd like

What do you play? Ranked, unranked, arena? Got a favorite class?

Be fun to get a little M-W hearthstone community going.

I just started, so I think I'm ranked as an angry chicken, haha.

So far I have a mage deck I like. I want to try arena but I haven't. I think I'm up to level 8 with mage though. I want to try the priest deck, but I have to beat it first.

I also think I'd like Warrior, but the base deck really doesn't seem to support that hero well. Maybe something to look into as I win more cards.

If you're into collecting, make sure to hit rank 20 before July 1st to get the card back
(Rank 20 just means you played, as you can't actually 'lose' rank from 25 to 20. At worst it means like, 11 wins or something. If you win a bunch of a row it only takes you 5.)

Warrior's best cards are definatly not part of the unlocked set. Plus it by far has the worst hero ability, so with just the basic cards anyone has it pretty much plays worse than anything else for newer players. I recommend mage, druid, and priest for easiest to learn at the start.

I used to play a lot, but I eventually got a little bored of it. I play maybe a game every couple weeks at this point. Though I'll probably pick it up again when the new expansion comes out, so I can try out the new cards. I was always an arena player, personally. I eventually managed to "go infinite." I have something like 3500 gold sitting on my account.

I never play in the arena, but I love the ranked mode. I've played wayyyy too much. I've unlocked all basic cards and have a few legendary ones around as well from decks. I never spend money on the game, but gold is easy enough to earn, so I get a deck every day or two.

Personally, I'm best with the Hunter, but I have solid Priest and Warlock decks as well.

Essentially, Cai, any time I'm not playing in your game, I'm playing Hearthstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by cailano View Post
For those who haven't heard of it, it is a simplified version of MtG.
Not really. Some basic systems are similar, but it is completely different. It is a decently simple card game, yes, but I wouldn't immediately compare it to MtG except in really broad ways.

Anyways, I like it, and generally log in once every few days.

I play quite a bit, currently sitting at Rank 4. My best deck is a Warrior, but I actually prefer Priest. They just happen to be not very good at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerim View Post
Not really. Some basic systems are similar, but it is completely different. It is a decently simple card game, yes, but I wouldn't immediately compare it to MtG except in really broad ways.

Anyways, I like it, and generally log in once every few days.
That's fair. It actually has more in common with the game Warlord, though its much more simplified and lacks the random element of that game.

Still, as a broad comparison... it gets you in the ballpark area of what Hearthstone is.