Hearthstone - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Hearthstone

I think I've seen maybe 3 of these things my entire time playing since the official launch (probably close to 800 games).. So maybe just bad RNG for you, Hearthstone will do that

I had a lot of problem with the card overlapping bug, and with the card positioning bug back when I used to play a lot. But the last few times I've played, I haven't seen it happen. I think they more or less fixed those bugs.

Edit: For the record, if you're interested in recording your arena history, I'd suggest checking out this website. I've used it for a while, and it parses a lot of great information that will help you with your game.

So I've been messing with the warrior deck, and I'm starting to think that really a warrior deck relies on creatures to win, and weapons for removal. If you think of it as a removal deck, it starts to get easier to play. The temptation I had was just to try to armor up and go beat up the other hero, but that's not really a viable strategy with the limited number of weapons in the game (at least from what I've seen.)

That's how most of them are played. A 2/2 weapon can be seen as a hard removal of two 2hp enemies that wouldve punched you in the face anyway. Gorehowl is great because it can be a hard removal of a TON of minions, especially with an upgrade or enraged swordsmaster (or whatever that minion is called).

That's largely why Fiery War Axe is rated so highly, in that it lets you take out two 3hp minions for only 2 mana, which could be trading up by 6 mana or more, making it *extremely* efficient in the right cases.

Also, liking that website Greyfield! I can't wait to try it out once I find out how much gold to hoard for naxxramus and can start arena'ing again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonyman View Post
Also, liking that website Greyfield! I can't wait to try it out once I find out how much gold to hoard for naxxramus and can start arena'ing again.
The best feature, by far, is the card suggestion system. After you've started a new arena, you can input what your card choices are for each pick, and it'll give you the ranking and best "in a bubble" pick. I've found it to be really useful in deckbuilding, as long as you keep in mind that the best pick will often change later in the draft, depending on how your deck is shaping up.

Yea, I've tried a few of those in the past, namely Trump's picks. Got me my first 10 winner after consulting with them (but watching the curve too).
This being right after a 0 win, I was pretty happy!

Knowing when to ignore these recommends is definitely just as important so as to keep a good ratio of mana costs.

I'm still only rank 22, but I was rank 25 this morning (cause of the new season. I was 24.) I've been on a win streak using warrior and paladin, and my wins have all come by way of crushing blow. Nothing below 16 damage on the final turn, and my paladin got a 22 damage final turn.

I'm sure I'll be back to getting my butt kicked in no time, but its good to be dominant for a couple of games.

No money purchased cards so far, though I'm following the Raistlin method of using gold to buy a pack every couple of days. So far I think I've opened four of them, nothing earth shattering inside, mostly stuff for classes I haven't really started playing yet.

To give you an idea of what to expect, Cai, I have likely opened...hmmm...20? 25 packs? Something like that, using no cash, only in-game gold. From those packs, I've gotten three Legendary cards (the orange ones), five or six of the purples and obviously a bunch of blue 'rares'.

So, anyone wanna play against each other? I'm raistlinmc on Hearthstone too, so if you want to kick my ass sometime, friend me on there

Quote:
Originally Posted by cailano View Post
So I've been messing with the warrior deck, and I'm starting to think that really a warrior deck relies on creatures to win, and weapons for removal. If you think of it as a removal deck, it starts to get easier to play. The temptation I had was just to try to armor up and go beat up the other hero, but that's not really a viable strategy with the limited number of weapons in the game (at least from what I've seen.)
The power of weapons lies in their versatility, since you can use them immediately or save them for later with very little downside (90% of decks are harmless to weapons. Acidic Swamp Ooze/Harrison Jones aren't often worth playing around). How you want to use weapons depends a lot on the type of deck you think you're facing, since as you've noted some combos lategame can do upwards of 15HP in a single turn. Killing that 4/3 charging Kor'kron elite with the Fiery Waraxe looks like a trade upwards, but hitting it after it charges is actually costing you a total of 8 HP AND half your axe! Nice to have the option, but sometimes you need to know when to avoid damage at the cost of value. You can also be more liberal with face-hitting if you have another weapon you'll want to use.

The key to warrior weapons is basically knowing when to switch up your game. Sometimes you need to kill things with axes. Sometimes that thing is your opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post
So, anyone wanna play against each other? I'm raistlinmc on Hearthstone too, so if you want to kick my ass sometime, friend me on there
I think there's a number attached to your 'battle tag' in Hearthstone that has to be included to add people as friends. Mine should be Geddian#1770, you can find yours at the top of the friends list.

I actually think that trading half your axe and 4 health (8 health is kind of a mislead, since you've already lost the 4 whether you trade the axe or not if the minion already attacked) is just fine for getting rid of the Kor'kron elite.. The Warrior's cards and Hero Power will easily get that damage back through armor and you've gained a card advantage.. If you have a better card to get rid of it or are low on health I can see your point, but if it's early in the game, that's a really acceptable trade.. For example, if you other option is dropping a minion that the Kor'kron can just charge into and kill, the axe is a MUCH better choice (even if your minion trades with the Kor'kron) since you'll only be missing 4 health and you can still drop that minion for board control.