Wonder Woman - Page 4 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Wonder Woman

Yeah, the acting is the current big unknown for me as well. I was fine with her in BvS, but a) fine, not blown away, and b) she didn't exactly have much in terms of challenging scenes. It's enough to give me hope for Wonder Woman, but I reserve my right to change my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate71 View Post
What is SJW anyway?
Well, it's a bit of a tangent so further questions will be handled via PM, but as a primer:

'Social Justice Warrior' is a term popped up a few years back, being used by a handful of the more deranged third wave feminists... I think right around "Occupy Wall Street"- that's when I first heard the term, at least- where it was immediately ridiculed by all sane human beings who heard of it...

It now occupies a weird position as both pride and pejorative. You got a good chunk of the crazy extremists who call themselves SJWs as a mark of pride- see third wave feminism's "kill all men" posters, and the whole BLM movement, and a handful of other things. Real heavy Marxist angle, these people and their philosophy.

Then you got people who attack these extremists on their, well, extremism... we use the term as an insult, often referring to people who don't identify themselves as members, but push the same rhetoric nonetheless. Other terms such as "regressive left" as also bandied about, but SJW is the one with instant recognition.

And I truly believe we should attack them, because a lot of them are tenured in colleges around this country pulling stuff like this. Which is really scary when you stop to think about what this could mean in the future.

I've always been more of a Marvel fan. I don't know much about Wonder Woman, but I hope her antagonist for the film is someone other than an Evil Army General.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Evil Army General is secretly Ares trying to start the world war.

I will say this, with Ares being the main villain and the way that actual history was unfolded and the shades of grey that World War 1 was in, I will be hugely disappointed if the movie goes the cheap route and makes the Germany's troops outright villainous. The inclusion of Ares seems to point to them not doing that, but I'll reserve judgment until the movie comes out. I think otherwise it looks fine, looking forward to it, as long as it isn't BvS in disguise.

Wow, it's like whoever was in charge of costume design discovered something other than sepia tones and gray scale... That has to be a first for a DC movie since Green Lantern got saddled with that terrible script.

As for moving to WWI... eh. It will depend on the script.

I wonder whether Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel will be the measuring stick against which the other is measured.

New Trailer Dropped. Looks pretty good in terms of the action sequences and stuff, though Gadot's delivery of her lines seemed a little odd to me for some reason. Not sure if she's trying to do an accent or what.

Blocking bullets with bracers is so f*cking cool.

Thus far the only issue I have with the story as I have seen it is I don't think a WWI fighter would have the endurance to make it to Themyscira. Other then that I like what I have seen so far.