What have you been listening to lately? - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

What have you been listening to lately?

What have you been listening to lately?

Hey folks, avid music lover here.

I'm curious what other 'weavers have been listening to lately, be it radio, CD, cassette, 8-track, 45, Spotify, SoundCloud, etc.

Lately, I've been listening to podcasts (not music, doesn't count) and No Pants Party on SoundCloud.

So what have you been filling your ear holes with lately friendos? I'm always interested in exposing myself to new genres!

The Afterman, both Ascension and Descension albums by Coheed and Cambria.

For about the thousandth time.

I've been listening to Elle King's debut CD with my daughter in the car and the audiobook of And The Mountains Echoed when she isn't.

My personal preference in listening habits is classical music and video game music.
Both tend to have strong melodies and not so much in the way of squeaky human sounds.

I tried neo-classical metal recently with Dark Moor's Swan Lake, but I wasn't quite into it.

Right now I'm listening to a rearrangement of Dive into the Heart from Kingdom Hearts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOTgSBG_Mp0

I tend toward alternative music. I listen to the local alternative station in the car when I'm driving.

Particular songs I've liked?
Big Data - Dangerous
Bastille - Good Grief
Elle King - Exes and Ohs
Joywave - Destruction
Butthole Surfers - Pepper
Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta
Imagine Dragons - Roots

Not alternative:
Lady Gaga - Poker Face
Taylor Swift - Shake It

I just picked up Pageant Material by Kasey Musgraves, but that's the first bit of music interest I'd had for while. Most of my eartime is taken up by podcasts.

Been flipping between The Exies' Head For The Door, Godsmack's Faceless, Marilyn Manson's Portrait of an American Family, and Seether's Disclosure lately. With a bit of Alice in Chains and Pink Floyd thrown in for good measure.

Hard to go wrong with the YouTube musical sensation known as MiracleOfSound. One of my DMs listens to "Wake the White Wolf" to get ready for his sessions over Skype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
I love me a good beat!

Unlimited Future Funk Works
Ahhh yeahhh.