What have you been listening to lately? - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

What have you been listening to lately?

Recent Broadway musical telling the story of founding father Alexander Hamilton during the Revolutionary War, his rise and fall in politics and his eventual death, primarily using rap and hip-hip. It killed in a big way at the Tony's.
Hamilton. Almost constantly. Since its release last October. ...by now I know the lyrics well enough that I can let it fade into background noise and focus on work, blocking out my annoying co-workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningbender View Post
I just can't take seriously any song that goes "Across the galaxy a new force of evil is rising / Wizards of Chaos fighting the throne of brave king of Dundee / Entwined by mystic spells, they know where the sorcerer hidden / Imprisoned in ice on the planet of knights, the powerful heroes of Crail"

What is this, space Scotland?
So, what you're saying is, it'd be great for a Stars Without Numbers campaign.

I basically click on a song on my recommended for me section on youtube and let it take me on a journey. Sometimes it's great, and sometimes to makes me want to rip my hair out, but it's never boring.

Hamilton is indeed absolutely fantastic. I too have had quite a few listen-throughs of that particular musical.

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Tom Waits, Cake, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Meg Myers.

Been watching Roadies I really wanna check out more Reignwolf, but haven't had the time to sit and really enjoy a new album. Hooray! The weekend approaches!

Listening to Utsu-P's latest album Post Traumatic Stress Disorder which is a remake of his album Traumatic. He's probably my favorite artist.

I was at a concert last week with Shinedown, Halestorm, Black Stone Cherry, and
These guys are terrible don't bother
Whiskey Myers.

Other than them, I've been listening to the new Breaking Benjamin song, a lot of this girl's song covers cus she's amazing, and also a lot of Icon for Hire.

Oh, and this is playing as I type this

P.S. Attitude City by Ninja Sex Party. Trust me, it's worth your time.

I've always preferred the "Empty Spaces" version on the film of The Wall rather than the album version. Damned if I know why they cut that sucker from the CD, but it does give me an excuse to fire up my old VHS player now and then.