Rogue One - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Rogue One

Rogue One

I know it is still about a month and half until release, but I was curious as to what others predict about the film?

Personally, I think it will be the Star Wars film that TFA should have been. The action seems to be high and the characters developed and interesting. I for one am eagerly awaiting this one.

The only thing, so far, that I have that resembles a complaint is I wish they had Wayne Pygram reprising the role of Governor Tarkin.

I will watch, but I am not impressed by Star Wars anymore. After a time, you become saturated with it and that is my state right now. I enjoyed the last movie, but it was utterly forgettable.

I loathed everything about Force Awakens. I don't care what happens in Rogue One, or what it's supposed to be about. I am not giving these people another penny of my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Agent Cow View Post
I loathed everything about Force Awakens. I don't care what happens in Rogue One, or what it's supposed to be about. I am not giving these people another penny of my money.
I always felt the sale to Disney would be a bad thing for the over all main story line, and that did come to pass; like you say TFA was awful and completely forgettable. AFAIC the main story line of SW ended with RotJ and I won't be seeing ep 8 or 9. However, I do think they have a good opportunity to tell some good stories with the separate anthology movies.

Honestly, I'm more concerned (in a vague, mild way) about how they'll handle the Han Solo movie (and other possible character story explorations like Yoda). I could see those going badly wrong so easily, since the writers will probably feel pressure to make the main character TEH AWESOMEZZ0R!!1!!!1.

Rogue One looks great. I've stopped watching trailers because I've already decided I'll go see it and I don't want it spoiled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaBear View Post
Honestly, I'm more concerned (in a vague, mild way) about how they'll handle the Han Solo movie (and other possible character story explorations like Yoda). I could see those going badly wrong so easily, since the writers will probably feel pressure to make the main character TEH AWESOMEZZ0R!!1!!!1.

Rogue One looks great. I've stopped watching trailers because I've already decided I'll go see it and I don't want it spoiled.
Personally, I feel that they should stay away from the main characters in the anthology movies and either look at new ones (ie Rogue One) or look at established background characters (ie Boba Fett.) I agree the Han Solo vehicle could go horribly wrong, and probably will. However, the opportunity for an interesting story is still there...whether they use it or not...

I am looking forward to it. I never delved drastically deep into the old EU, so I didn't feel as betrayed when Disney nixed it. That being the case, I'm still super mad at them about it. I'm actually planning on getting an English degree to go into game design just to bring some things back into canon. Revan, you'll be canon even if I have to bring you in myself.

All that being said, I am interested in it. The main characters seem to be based on Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors(You aren't being subtle by naming her Jyn Erso, Disney) so I'm looking forward to seeing them especially. Granted, I would prefer the original Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors to be canon, but that's neither here nor there right now.

I'm looking forward to it. Looks like it has promising characters, so I'm hopeful. Trying not to get my hopes too high, though. Nothing worse than getting let down by your favorite movie franchise.

I didn't mind The Force Awakens--certainly not the best of the movies, but I liked it more than the prequels. It helped that I went into it with really low expectations and was pleasantly surprised when I didn't hate it.

Seems I am the only one here who loved TFA. Yes, it was predictable. Yes, it was heavily influenced by OT (a lot of people even say it's plagiat). However, for me TFA was a remake of OT that was meant to introduce new characters and gain new fans in young generation who isn't impressed by original trilogy (let's face it, those movies are 40years old - most of children/teenagers won't watch them). And I think they did this brilliantly.

Furthemore, it's a Disney - we all know there will be dozens of SW movies from now on, the same as with Marvel movies.

Force Awakens was an okay movie. Rehashed story, but some good stuff mixed in. Liked the new characters, liked the old ones, action was good, set was good. Overall no complaints, but rehashed story didn't quite grab me. Good comedy though. Also Darth Emo who i jsut wanted somebody to kill. Also, he reminds me of Benedict Cumberbatch. Anybody else?

As for Rogue 1, Tarkin, Death Star, Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors substitutes I will live with because Disney decided to rip the EU to shreds. Interested, possibly hopeful, they better bring James Earl jones back as the voice, could not find any confimration. I really want a Bobba Fett movie over a Han Solo one though, we've seen so much of Han I don't think there is much to do. Bobba Fett is now an unexplored character thanks to the EU being blown up.