Rogue One - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Rogue One

The second trailer was alright. I was wondering when they were going to pull Vader out.

I really would wish though that they'd actually make the Imperial military competent at its job. I mean, show us why people are frightened of the Empire. If any farm yokel can pick up a blaster and go toe-to-toe with a Stormtrooper squad then why is anyone scared of these guys?

Z-95's showed up in Star Wars: Commander and in the Databank, so they're canon. (And they have cannons. Ion cannons, to be exact.)

Who knows what is canon these days, and what is not? I first heard about the Z-95's back in the old WEG Star Wars days.

I don't think those walkers are AT-ATs. I recently was listening to someone talking about the trailers and they used another term for them (didn't catch it fully). Perhaps, they are a prototype that leads to the AT-AT design.

How have they changed the background of the building of the Death Star? I hadn't really notice too much out of the ordinary. I know they made a few cosmetic changes.

The walkers are listed as 'cargo transports' and have less weapons than the later AT-ATs, likely less armor too. They don't have the large chin turbo-lasers. Look at the Target display for them:

image.jpg

Aaaaaah. That design makes [marginally] more sense as a cargo hauler than as a tank-ish combat element.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaBear View Post
Aaaaaah. That design makes [marginally] more sense as a cargo hauler than as a tank-ish combat element.
Actually, it really doesn't. Walkers like that would be rather expensive to produce for a cargo transport. Not to mention they are rather slow. A hover/repulsor lift vehicle would be much more efficient.

I agree that it doesn't really make sense as either, but the one is slightly less nonsensical than the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaBear View Post
I agree that it doesn't really make sense as either, but the one is slightly less nonsensical than the other.
I guess, by a slim margin. I still like the idea of it being a earlier model of the AT-AT...but, who am I.

I feel like I've played some Star Wars video games where they showed walkers that looked very similar to AT-AT's but were not. Maybe something in the Rogue Squadron series?