Rogue One - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Rogue One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penchant View Post
Well, it's a government project. I bet that some senator's uncle owns a walker leg factory and has contracts to make legs for the next two centuries or so. Same thing with those TIE solar panels that they stick on everything
This, coupled with valuable good to transport of a delicate nature and both the weight limits and magnetic difference that would hinder most repulsive tech from being ubiquitous. Just so long as the Frieght reaches the shuttle no one really cares when.

In hindsight, I am ok with X-Wings, given we are close to Episode 4 in timeline. However I still really want, badly want, to see some older Fighters, some Victory Class Star Destroyers and (not likely) a Tarkin-Cruiser. I've a love for the starships of this Universe, and the Lack of Twin-tails in E. 7 made me sad.

I am really excited about Rogue One. I am not expecting anything more than a fun space adventure film and I think the fact keep my expectations set at that will help me here, just as it helped me with the Force Awakens.

Well, it does seem that Tarkin is indeed in Rogue One, played by Guy Henry. However, he seems to be in a non-prominent role. Which kind of indicates Disney is already messing with it's own continuity. Not a major gripe by any means, but it is something that I find...odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate71 View Post
Well, it does seem that Tarkin is indeed in Rogue One, played by Guy Henry. However, he seems to be in a non-prominent role. Which kind of indicates Disney is already messing with it's own continuity. Not a major gripe by any means, but it is something that I find...odd.
How does Tarkin having a non-prominent role during rogue one mess with Disney's continuity?

The novel "Tarkin" takes place at roughly the time of Rogue One. In the novel Tarkin was in charge of the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate71 View Post
The novel "Tarkin" takes place at roughly the time of Rogue One. In the novel Tarkin was in charge of the project.
I think it actually makes sense then, considering in Tarkin he was off the station pretty much the whole novel.

Not what I meant. The novel established that at the time Rogue One is set he was in charge of the program. I'm not saying the novel was set exactly at the same time. Don't get me going on the contents of the novel itself, please. I can understand the Director of ISB playing a role in the story, but I think Tarkin would have been much better used as the main antagonist. Instead of being regulated to the background. However, as I said not a major gripe ATM. I am looking forward to see how things unfold.

I dunno, seems like if they made Tarkin the main antagonist and they set it at the same time as Tarkin, there would be a good gripe about them not following their own canon, since "Star Wars: Tarkin" sets him away from the Death Star.

Though I do agree that Tarkin would be a better antagonist (well in a vacuum, since I haven't seen just how good the antagonist in Rogue One is), just not following your "Disney is already messing with it's own continuity".

Well, if I was planning on stealing the plans to the Death Star, it wouldn't be while Tarkin was home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penchant View Post
Well, if I was planning on stealing the plans to the Death Star, it wouldn't be while Tarkin was home
The thing of it is...he is at home in Rogue One (apparently). Just not the one in overall charge.