Art Request: World Building - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

Art Request: World Building

I like the idea of setting them at an angle, with a quad area sitting between them. Double story for the central building, single story for dorms/dining. The central building would be for classes as well, yes? Keep in mind, classes aren't just training, they're also doing standard highschool type classes, as well as academic classes related to magic (arcanum theory, history of yggdrasil, etc etc).

Yeah, but anyway, all that fluffy stuff is up to you, and anything that isn't exactly what you want can easily be changed.

Did you read the new info in purple, and see the new island sketch in the post above?

I was just making sure that it would be big enough to house classes, is all.

I just saw it right now. I like it. Just for reference (if it matters), the north beach will be the further side from the mainland.

OK I'm glad you pointed those 2 facts out to me. I assumes it was west of western Europe. North of W Euro is cold, as far as I know. I dint know much European geography, but I won't be drawing the mainland or anything, so it doesn't matter.

I keep forgetting it's just a school, for Arcanists. There would also be a regular school, and small university, in the city, right?
And I'm thinking now, the main building should be quite a lot bigger than the dorms. I'm thinking around 6-8 times the size of one dorm building.

I'll put together an outline sketch, then we can talk more on style and materials etc.
If you don't reply before I upload, I'll just update this post.
eta 3-5 hours.

Other normal schools isn't really something I'd considered, since it wasn't relevant to the story. It would make sense for there to be at least a grade school on the island, though I'm thinking that any students without magical talent should probably ferry to the mainland for class, come highschool. Putting a secular highschool in the middle of two highschool-analogue magical academies might be a recipe for angst-fueled disaster.

As I said about the island before, I haven't determined if it's off of western europe, or somewhere in the mediterranean. Is that important at all for creating the school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaviien View Post
OK I'm glad you pointed those 2 facts out to me. I assumes it was west of western Europe. North of W Euro is cold, as far as I know. I dint know much European geography, but I won't be drawing the mainland or anything, so it doesn't matter.
As I said above, it doesn't matter.
The more info the better though, and if you want any kind of realism, you should probably know where your island is, and what the climate etc would be in that area.
Scandinavia and the Mediterranean are quite different.

But no, it's not important, but then again, none if this is actually important you know?

Yeah I mean, I'm not going to go for complete historical and architectural accuracy here. I just want something that looks like it could be accurate, for the world I'm building. I'm only trying to help by giving you any and all info I can.