2-21 | Odin | In Character - Page 11 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

2-21 | Odin | In Character

Although the fight only took seconds, beads of sweat still grace Roscoe's brow. He sheathes his sword, clutching his side where the monster wounded him. The halfling grits his teeth while he looks to his companions. He was impressed by Kujo's strength, and thankful as ever for Leena's timely magic. He then turns to the Sarenites.
"Are there any other approaches to this sanctuary? Any backdoors? If there's only one route to the entrance, we could be leading them into a deadly ambush with no hope of retreat. That's assuming there's someone coming to attack us; they may be safer hiding here..."

Sveyn notices the fight, but within a matter of seconds and before he can even grab his club to assist or before he can order his Wolf to engage the aberration the fight was already at it's conclusion. He says "Yah, dat was gut." as he gathers his things and prepares to leave the confines of the Sarenite Temple.

End of Combat

Akkuret screams in fury... cut down by Greatsword Lance and Magic, the faceless thing topples to the ground. The Sarenites stand, stunned at this revelation of one of their own... being some other thing. Yells and shouts ring out, groups of cultists arguing. Eventually order restores itself, the two women who led you here taking charge. "You are correct, Leena... it is no longer safe here. As you can see, there are too many approaches to guard... not that we could stand up to the Porthmos Militia in any case." She looks back at the confused and worried Sarenites. "It is no longer safe for us here... we must leave. Thank you for discovering this... thing... We will hire a boat tonight to flee the city. Perhaps it will be safer for us elsewhere."

Filled with purpose, the Sarenites begin to pack their few belongings. Several come up to you to personally thank you for what you have done. One woman gives you a vial that she says will restore a person from weakness, another gives you his most prized possession, an illuminated Kelish manuscript of key passages from Sarenrae’s most holy text, The Birth of Light and Truth.

(Loot is in Misc thread)

Kujo listens.
You have chosen character number 33 out of a possible 10

You have chosen character number 33 out of a possible 10

Leena approaches Ahan one last time. "Ahan, I strongly urge to contact your faction. They will help you I'm certain." Leena tells Ahan
Dice Roll: 1d20+4z
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 20)
diplomatically (20).

Leena will give one of the two women now leading the Saranites 20 gp to help with passage out of the city or buying food.

Elizabeth W.

Despite his injuries, Roscoe notices one of the female cultists looking... suspicious? Afraid? Whatever was bothering her, he knew he had to do something. The halfling dismounts and walks up to the girl, Duke trailing behind, whimpering at the smell of his master's blood.
"Excuse me, my lady, but you look troubled. If you know something, anything at all, that could be of use to us or your fellows, I bid you share it. Lives are at stake here; I'm sworn to protect the oppressed, and I won't judge what you have to say."

Walking over to Roscoe, Lareis first smiled at Duke, after all the man was speaking to someone else. "Yes, I see that your master is hurt," she offers in comforting tones to the riding dog. "I will see that he is taken care of, fret not."

Waiting for a break in the conversation, Lareis leans in, and whispers to Roscoe, while keeping her eyes on the woman that he is speaking to, offering a warm smile of her own, though she does not know what the situation may be. "You are wounded. We have a curative potion, or I could pray to Milani that your wounds knit back together. That will be my allotment of prayers, aside from one else, the Everbloom has given me. But I am more than happy to see to your wounds, first and foremost."

Ahan, still stunned from the abrupt revelation, finally has a change of heart. Even though the halfling's words confuse him, he knows what she means to ask. He nods mutely in answer.

The temporary leader of the Sarenites thanks Leena but politely refuses. "You are very kind... but we should have enough. You have all helped immensely, by ridding us of this thing in our midst. All I ask for is your prayers."

As Roscoe moves forwards, the woman - a human named Charito - shrinks away. As Roscoe begins to speak, she breaks down in tears and falls to her knees, "Please! I didn't know!" Roscoe's words seem to comfort her and she looks up at him, her eyes stained with tears. "I... I know who Chalfon is. I heard you all talking earlier... but I didn't want to say anything... I was afraid the others wouldn't trust me. I knew nothing of the creature, I swear it! I... I worked as a chambermaid in a big house last year. The lady of the house, she was was having an affair with Chalfon. I swear, that is all it was! I hardly saw the man. I know he's the black sheep of his family... and, and where he lives. It is on Senate's Hill. I can show you the way... but please don't ask me to go there with you."

Roscoe uncorks the recently received healing potion and downs it as he listens to the girl. He grimaces, whether because of the flavor or the relative unimpressiveness of the potion's effect, it's hard to say.
"Now now, Charito, you haven't done anything wrong. I figured we'd have to pay this Chalfon a visit eventually. I'd be most grateful if you showed us the way there, but I wouldn't dream of asking you to follow us any further. He'll pay for his crimes, one way or another."
The bleeding staunched, Roscoe hops up on Duke's back once more.

A hand is placed on Roscoe, and a soft whisper of a prayer is given to Milani - soon golden warmth flows and pulses mildly through Roscoe. (Cure Minor Wounds + 1 HP) Every little bit helps, yes?

Lareis then turns to look at the woman Roscoe is speaking to, before bowing her head respectfully. "Your actions are brave, m'Lady, and are the right ones. We have been trained for agressive negotiations, you are not. However, the Dawnflower has seen to it that you were here, at this time, that we might know where to find this creature which hunts innocents, and see to him. Give praise to your Lady, for I give praise to mine this day."

DICE WERE DELETED FROM THIS POST