Bold tags - Chrome/Firefox on Centos - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Bold tags - Chrome/Firefox on Centos

Bold tags - Chrome/Firefox on Centos

For some reason bolding in threads is not showing up as bold for me using Chrome or Firefox in Centos 6.3. I'm not sure if it's always been like this as I can't recall when I first noticed it, a while ago anyhow. I used to use Chrome under Windows in a vmware sessions but slowly moving away from using windows as much as possible.

I've tried various level of zooms and looking through the Chome options but haven't found anything that seems relevant. Anyone had/seen a similar issue and solved it?

In the forum threads that haven't been read the bolding works fine. Just when the [B]Bold tags[/B] are used that it just looks like normal text. Colour tags work fine.

Edit:.. just though of and tested using a different font... seems an issue with the font.

Edit2:.. using gimp worked out that the bolding tag is changing the spacing as if it was being bolded, but not atually bolding the characters. Not sure that helps work out a solution :/

If it's an issue with the font, the font may be corrupted or it's otherwise not loading the 'bold' font for that typeface correctly. Try replacing it with another?

Sounds logical... just got to work out how to tell what is the default font in the threads. Time to go investigating.

"Use the inspector, Luke." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

The font is tahoma, with backups of verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif.

Yep.. seems the offending package was wine-tahoma-fonts-1.4.1-1.el6.noarch

Unable to uninstall due to dependencies.. in the end just got rid of the font files.. and it's switched over to some not as nice font but which as least has bolding works.. will create a few links to another font.

Thanks!

Edit: Bugger, seems the font names are embedded in the font file... should have remembered that. Oh well I'll let it use Verdana or one of the others and deal with wine issues if I need to use it later.

Edit2: Lucida Grande it is...