walkie-talkies - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

walkie-talkies

Maybe if you set them up so they're permamently scrying on each other? Audio only?

I believe there's an item known as the Wolf's Earring that suits your needs- if I recall right, it functions exactly like a two-way radio with a headset. Don't quote me on it, though; it was some time ago that I saw anything about it. As for simply using a spell or two to achieve the same effect... I'm not really sure.

In 4e, there are the Sending Stones. From the PHB:
Sending Stones (pair)
Each fist-sized round stone bears a Dwarven rune that translates as “Speak.”
Price 9,000 gp
Wondrous Item
Enhancement: {{{ enhancement }}}
Critical: {{{ critical }}}
Power (At-Will): Standard Action. Until the end of your next turn, any person speaking into one stone can be heard by those near the other stone as though he or she were standing in the other stone’s place. At the end of your next turn, both stones are exhausted. With a minor action, any character touching a single stone renews the set.

Special: Sending stones normally come in a matched pair attuned to one another. Larger sets of stones attuned to each other can be created (add 50 percent to the base price for each additional stone).

Source: Player's Handbook

I know very little about 3.5, so I'm not sure if there's anything similar; but if there isn't, there no reason you couldn't tweak it to fit.