The Walking Dead -Season 2 - Page 5 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The Walking Dead -Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_Possible View Post
Needless to say, AMC went into this project ready to cut and run as quickly as possible, if it looked like the subject matter was going to be a flop for TV.
Season 2, Episode 1 was the most watch episode of any drama series on basic cable (11 million viewers). Looks like (for now at least) they've got nothing to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Season 2, Episode 1 was the most watch episode of any drama series on basic cable (11 million viewers). Looks like (for now at least) they've got nothing to worry about.
Which is just music to my ears!

Hmm I had never heard of the series until I read this thread, watched the first two episodes of season 1 today, how the hell did I miss this!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teraki View Post
Hmm I had never heard of the series until I read this thread, watched the first two episodes of season 1 today, how the hell did I miss this!?
my brother asked the same question the day i brought the dvd of season 1 home lol

I can't blame him, it's bloody brilliant..
However might be cause of me being danish and well, had never even heard of the tv channel sending it before. xD

As a fan of the comics i love the show but i wish it was as graphic as the comics and not as TV friendly. Because the walking dead isn't a TV friendly series.

In some ways it still isn't tv friendly. It's got some fairly graphic stuff that could be a lot worse. I think they skate that line well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
If it was any more graphic, I'd probably lose interest.
I agree. It goes just far enough but not too far. I like how it focuses more on the people and less on the gore. It's what has made it stand out so well IMHO. Far too many zombie flicks these days just try to gore you out rather than tell a good story or have very interesting characters.

Yeah - first and foremost for me is the story of normal folk (survivors) interacting/overcoming in extraordinary circumstances.

I love the zombies and need them but they really are the setting for the real story of human interactions.