Hurricane Sandy - Page 3 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Hurricane Sandy

Yes. Blizzards in good old Morgantown I hear.

Rain is pelting the window next to me at an alarming speed. Power flicked off earlier, for 5 seconds maybe, but I figured it was off for good. Fingers crossed...

A limb fell out of my big pine about 6 ft in front of the cars. . . . . Risking a ticket and moving them into the VFW parking lot yay all the windows are rattling now. . . . Spooky wind noises for the win!

Stay strong, fellow south central PA brother!

Indeed . . . Right back at cha . . . . . My wife is in full on mother bear survivalist mode, all day baking, everything with a lid that'll hold water is filled, and our bed has been deemed communal ( all animals and children welcome)

-

It is now sleeting so that's fun. . . And made for a painful walk back from the cars

Wet and windy up in Upstate NY, I expect it'll get worse before it gets better. Was hoping to take the "quiet" time to try to catch up on sleep, but for some reason we get a lot of (non-weather related) EMS calls in bad weather.

Apparently it's getting stronger, was watching the news, said it has become a super tropical storm and at this point is still growing stronger.

I have family in inland Virginia and Maine and other New England places. They're reporting some scary wind but other than that they say it's just like a regular bad thunderstorm. Now the coastal cities are getting pounded, I know that...just saw a video of some crazy flooding in New York City.

At this point, the worst of it is supposed to be done here, and we didn't get hit very hard. Some scary sounding wind, but s'all good. There are over 225,000 people in MA without power, but I'm not one of them. Best of luck to those actually affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinous View Post
At this point, the worst of it is supposed to be done here, and we didn't get hit very hard. Some scary sounding wind, but s'all good. There are over 225,000 people in MA without power, but I'm not one of them. Best of luck to those actually affected.
Yah, I'm in central mass as well - a bunch of my fitchburg friends lost power(go go unitil) but here in the boonies we just had a few flickers and one outage for about an hour.

Of course, this is all said before I actually see what it looks like outside - hopefully nothing major got hit/broken.